Chief of Party
USAID/Philippines is expecting to release a five-year Logistics Services in Mindanao (LSM) Activity. The purpose of LSM is to advance USAID's high standards of program design and management by providing demand-driven logistics services in difficult, restricted or non-permissive environments in Mindanao. The activity will provide security risk management and transportation services for short-term visits to Mindanao of USAID and USG officials and staff and USG visitors to appraise status of USG programs, and design and/or launch new activities. The activity will also provide all necessary logistical and support services for effective workshops, meetings, and high-level events for USG personnel. The LSM Activity is expected to start in April 2020.
Summary of Position:
Macfadden/PAE is seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID/Philippines Logistics Support for Mindanao Activity. The COP will serve as the individual bearing primary responsibility for all management aspects of contract performance, including development and adherence to standard operating procedures for logistical, administrative and support services during these visits. This includes helping organize workshops, meetings, and high-level events for USG personnel. The COP must be willing to live in Zamboanga City, Philippines and travel throughout the region as needed.
*This position is contingent upon award.**
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall management direction and leadership in all aspects of security risk management, transportation and logistical , as per contractual agreement.
- Ensure compliance with the all provisions of this contract, for providing highly skilled and Logistics & Security Supporting project personnel, and for delivering exceptional performance and customer service that will be evaluated on a quarterly basis.
- Master’s degree in security, management, communications or other fields relevant to the required services of this Logistics Contract.
- At least 10 years of progressive increased responsibility experience in managing logistics and security support services for international organizations implementing development assistance programs, preferably in non-permissive environments (NPEs);
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges and opportunities of working in NPEs;
- Demonstrated familiarity with USAID or donor agency program requirements and procedures; and
- Demonstrated experience working with national government counterparts, donor groups, military, civil society partners, and local governments;
- Ability to pass a security clearance; and,
- Demonstrated English communication skills (written and oral) are required.