A CHIEF OF PARTY - Dhaka, Bangladesh
In Dhaka, Bangladesh
Currently Action Against Hunger is responding to a humanitarian crisis in Cox’s Bazar where 617.000 Myanmar Nationals fled across the border to Bangladesh. Action Against Hunger has scaled up the nutrition activities in the refugee settlements, while continuing to implement existing activities for the Host Communities of Cox’s Bazar. Action Against Hunger implements 5 Stabilisation Centres and support to 5 Government stabilisation centres, 118 Outpatient Therapeutic Programme centres, 4 Targeted Supplementary Feeding centres, Blanket Supplementary Feeding Centres, kitchens providing hot meals, Infant Young Child Feeding in Emergencies counselling etc. The activities are implemented in close collaboration with WASH, MHCP and FSL departments.
The coordination with health and nutrition partners is crucial during the emergency to ensure collaboration, good programme coverage, thus more lives saved. It’s important to represent Action Against Hunger and use experience and knowledge of Action Against Hunger for advocacy and for the development of tools used by the sector.
The position is based in Dhaka with frequent travel to various Cox’s Bazar.
As Chief of Party, you are the representative and senior project management specialist for the FOOD FOR PEACE (FFP) Program. You are responsible for the overall leadership, management and operations of the project and will ensure the coordination of the donor and all partners.
More precisely your objectives are:
- Set up the proper coordination with all relevant stakeholders including donors, beneficiaries, implementing partners, government, Food Security Sector (FSS), Cash Working Group (CWG), Nutrition and Health Sector in Cox’s Bazar.
- Ensure strategic planning and work plan and budget development for each partner;
You hold a master’s degree or equivalent in humanities, business administration, development studies, or related field
Type of professional experience requested:
- You have a significant experience of at least 10 years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Prior experience managing USAID-funded assistance projects of a similar size and scope in developing countries; experience managing multi-sectoral projects including cash assistance program, cash for work, agricultural development and maternal child health and nutrition.
- You are experienced with representation and negotiation with both donors and local authorities, and communities engagement
- If you have an Action Against Hunger experience, it will be considered as a plus but not mandatory
You are fluent in English (oral & written)
- You have strong computer literacy, including ability to work with Microsoft Office
- You have excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, leadership and communication skills
- You have a high capacity of work, challenge-seeker with high degree of flexibility and autonomy
- You demonstrate integrity, diplomacy, enthusiasm and professionalism
- You have firm understanding of ‘Do No Harm’ approach
- You demonstrate understanding, willingness, and capacities to commit to, comply with, implement, and promote gender, age, and diversity principles and policies
Starting date: 01/10/2019
Contract:24 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from € 1948 to €2498 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: €532 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year
- 215 € at each RnR period every 12 weeks
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Thailand)
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
To apply, please visit our website: https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/4325/a-chief-o...