Manager, Storytelling and Content
The Senior Manager, Storytelling and Content writes, edits and plans compelling content that connects with philanthropic audiences and demonstrates the impact of their charitable giving to Lutheran World Relief and IMA World Health. The Senior Manager, Storytelling and Content distinguishes the brands from the competition with donor-centric storytelling and brilliant copywriting. With a strong understanding of content assets (text, images, audio, video) and how/when to combine them to be most effective, s/he determines how best to present content in both print and digital channels.
· Gather content, both in the field and by desk research/interviews, providing a steady supply of stories and content leads for external communications channels.
· Determine how best to identify stories and gather content. This includes building and maintaining relationships with staff across the organization and developing effective systems for extracting the most compelling content.
· With an emphasis on strong writing, create multimedia content for key development and engagement initiatives that reach Lutheran World Relief’s and IMA World Health’s philanthropic donor audiences, including and especially major-level donors and congregations. Examples include content for newsletters, websites, blogs, congregational engagement resources, proposals and impact reports for major and mid-level donors and congregations, and advertisements.
· Determine which stories will be most compelling to audiences.
· Track and report on content performance, with recommendations and follow-up for improvement.
· Stay current on writing, storytelling and communications trends, helping to ensure that Lutheran World Relief and IMA World Health are leaders in excellent communications.
· Serve as one of the organization’s primary content and copy editors, providing expert editing support with an eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture.
· Working with department leadership team, contribute to the development and implementation of an overall communications plan and editorial calendar. Ensure that the plan/calendar includes effective to reporting to donors about the impact of their giving.
· Produce content for institutional funders to positioning the organization to win large, competitive institutional awards.
· Bachelor’s degree in English, communications or related field.
· 5-7 years of experience, with a record of accomplishments and results, in non-profit, cause-related or for-profit marketing, writing and production.
· Experience working in international development and/or understanding of international relief and development issues.
· Brilliant writer adept at integrating compelling stories with effective calls to action for distinct, disparate audiences.
· Portfolio of award-winning, high-impact stories communicated across diverse channels.
· Experience covering difficult stories in difficult conditions, including remote areas in conflict, crisis and/or natural disasters.
· Experience in visual, audio and video content creation, including scriptwriting. Highly skilled and efficient at repurposing stories for various channels/audiences.
· Familiarity with editorial workflows in both digital and traditional environments.
· Proficiency in Word, website CMSs, social media, new media tools.
· Keen sense of newsworthiness.
· Expert interviewing skills.
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 10 percent of time. Travel could include adverse conditions and/or crisis zones.
· Commitment to LWR' and IMA's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
Please visit please visit http://lwr.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-775317.html or https://imaworldhealth.applicantpro.com/jobs/1175142.html