Head of the Emergency Response Team
Who are we?
Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organization committed to saving the lives of malnourished children while providing communities with access to safe water and sustainable solutions to hunger.
Why joining the Emergency Team (ER)?
The primary mandate of the ER pool is to address international humanitarian crisis either in countries where we are present or in countries with no Action Against Hunger presence.
Besides crisis, the ER may be requested to organize exploratory missions in order to open new country programs.
In order to promote crisis and disaster preparedness, ER pool members will provide guidelines, training and preparation to strengthen capacity reaction to crisis.
ER Pool members may also bring specific support to existing teams in order to achieve mission objectives.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by...
By coordinating, giving support and guiding the organization, optimizing the resources and looking for the maximum impact of our interventions and emergency strategies, in agreement with our mandate.
Your role will be focus on:
Position ACH as a key organization in emergency responses by:
Promotion, supporting and guiding the organization's work in all aspects related to emergency responses.
Leading the emergency pool, mobilizing and optimizing the allocation and use of all its resources, human, financial and logistic in order to meet the objectives.
Ensuring the maximum impact of our interventions and emergency strategy, in accordance with our mandate.
- Strategy: You will contribute to improve emergency management and strategic patterns of emergency.
- Operative: You will be responsible for the management and monitoring of all operational issues during the emergency (financial, human and logistic resources) in coordination with HQ and the missions.
- Institutional Representation: To promote a coordination, positioning and effective representation, especially with actors and donors of national and international emergencies
This is your position if you:
- Have a minimum experience of 3 years as Country Director or Emergency Manager at the institutional level
- Have experience in one of the recent major humanitarian crisis
- Have experience in emergency response (preparation, exploratory missions etc...)
- You have advance knowledge of donor guidelines and procedures
- Have thorough knowledge in finding sources of funding, management in emergency context, advocacy, gender mainstreaming in emergency context
- Have thorough knowledge of the humanitarian sector (humanitarian reform, SPHERE, Core Humanitarian Standards etc...)
- Speak 2 of the 3 institutional languages (English, Spanish & French)
- AAH experience desirable
And what do we offer?
- The opportunity to work in a dynamic international network with international projection
- A two year contract
- A competitive remuneration package plus other attractive and specific benefits as part of the Emergency Team
- The position is based in Madrid with frequent travel to the field. When travelling to the field, travel, accommodation and per diem are covered.
- 25 days of paid leave per year
- Meal Vouchers
- 24-hour advance notice in case of sudden emergency
- Maximum length of field assignments - 3 months
- Field - HQ presence ration - can go up to 75% in the field
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.