BANGLADESH – PROJECT CYCLE MANAGEMENT COACH – TEKNAF
Desired start date: asap
Duration of the mission: 3 months
ABOUT THE MISSION …
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) opened its mission in Bangladesh at the end of 2007, following cyclone SIDR.
SI’s intervention and strategy in Bangladesh is to address primary needs of crisis affected people in terms of food security, livelihood, disaster risk reduction (DRR), water, hygiene and sanitation (WASH) and shelter, by making use of an integrated disaster risk reduction approach and by taking into account the effects of climate change, whilst working in parallel on mid-long term resilience strategies.
SI supports displaced people and affected communities immediately after a disaster through the distribution of various kits, cash for work, emergency access to safe drinking water) and in the early recovery phase by livelihood activities, reconstruction of dwellings, etc. SI’s programs build the communities resilience towards future hazard events, this includes how to evacuate people and possessions as soon as possible, how to protect villages and fields by building small-scale infrastructures (dykes, causeways), and how to incorporate adaptive coping strategies for farmers by establishing agricultural practices and livelihoods that are less vulnerable to natural disasters. Furthermore, SI’s 2019 strategy has three pronged approach focusing on:
- Strengthening Communities through Resilience and Basic Services;
- Strengthening Communities ability to Access Resources;
- Reducing Marginalization through Inclusive Programming;
ABOUT THE JOB…
Project-Cycle-Management Coach will be responsible to ensure the capacity building of the senior program management team at Teknaf base with the following objectives:
- Development of basic training package jointly with DCD Programs and PMs
- Conduction of training for Activity Managers / selected staff
- On-job coaching of AM on SI project management tools
- Coordination with PMs and program departments to identify main gaps and strategy on capacity building
- Capacity building of selected senior and middle management positions at base level
- Develop harmonized PCM basic toolkit & training package
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
Line manager: Field Coordinator
Functional manager: Deputy Country Director for programs
The position is based on SI’s Teknaf base: a large volume of operations in a vast implementation area, 4 Project Managers, 8 Activity Managers, multiple grants, a significant base budget, more than 200 staffs and a very important challenges on external coordination/representation.
We are looking for a very dynamic person, able to work in autonomy and be proactive, with a solid experience in project management and with strong capacity building and coaching skills.
Education: Bac + 5 (master’s degree) degree in a relevant field. Degree in development studies or related fields as added value.
- Previous experience with SI project management tools is considered as a strong asset. Alternatively, proven track record on project cycle management
- 2 years’ experience in relevant project management role in NGO / humanitarian fields.
- Experience in delivering training and capacity building.
- Previous experience in Bangladesh or South Asia as strong added value
- Previous experience in emergency and conflict/post conflict contexts, with complex program implementation setup (zone-based PM, multi grants), is an asset.
- Experience in Wash sector and sector/cluster coordination system is an asset
Technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of project cycle management, project design and reporting.
- Knowledge of SI rules and procedures is a strong advantage.
- Knowledge of humanitarian response cluster response is an advantage
- Excellent coaching skills
- Capacity to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Strong organization skills.
- Good writing/editing skills.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written).
Other desirable qualities:
- Patience, persistence, pedagogic talent.
- Good relation skills
SI WILL OFFER YOU…
A salaried post: according to experience from 2420 euros gross per month (2200 base salary + 10% annual leave).
Per Diem of 450 USD.
Social and medical cover: International staffs benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of one break every three months. Our policy was just modified: from now on, Solidarités offers you 7 working days ever three months, with a 850 USD allowance for each break. In addition to these regular break, SI adds a day off per worked month. These days off as well as the breaks are not deducted from the paid leaves that are paid every months with your salary as they are offered by the organization.
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Teknaf is a fisherman town counting more than 150,000 habitants and offering minimum services (local restaurants, local shops…) and nice beaches. It is located 2 hours from Cox’s Bazar city.
In Teknaf, International staffs are accommodated in a Guest House with good standard of living conditions and located close to the Office.
In Teknaf, International staffs can enjoy some time at the beach or in the market during week end. They also have the possibility to go to Cox’s Bazar city during weekends where they will find more social opportunities, in terms of wide range of restaurants, touristic attractions and a large International staffs community.
No remarkable security concerns.
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link:
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension