Eastern Europe: Chief of Party
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Provide strategic, operational and representational leadership.
- Oversee organization and implementation of all project activities, as well as project monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation and to measure project impact.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and applicable local laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local and regional partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and beneficiaries.
- Write and edit project reports, communications materials, and other project documentation in collaboration with Internews staff and according to award stipulations.
- Serve as public face of the project in the region and primary point of contact for regional and in-country donor missions and stakeholders.
- Maintain strategic awareness of independent media issues in the region (especially online digital media), and a thorough understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing independent media in engaging new audiences, maintaining editorial independence and press freedoms, and ensuring sustainability.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with all cooperative agreement rules, requirements and regulations as well as with Internews’ internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as the primary budget authority over the project, responsible for ensuring all costs charged to the project are allowable, reasonable, and correctly allocated.
- Maintain regular communications with Internews headquarters staff to communicate progress on programming and address upcoming issues in advance.
- Provide support as necessary for developing new relationships and business initiatives.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience as a Chief of Party/Program Director with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with local counterparts, international organizations, and donors.
- Experience working as an editor/journalist or with media outlets, particularly digital or multiplatform outlets, preferred.
- Deep understanding of the regional media sector.
- A successful track record in supervising, designing, managing and implementing technical assistance for donor-funded media or democracy projects and proven ability to develop and monitor work plans, training plans, and procurement plans.
- Experience implementing complex, multifaceted development initiatives with demonstrated skill in organizing resources, establishing priorities, and overseeing diverse teams of employees.
- Proven experience working effectively with media and media/journalist associations, various types of partners (universities, advertising/PR/marketing agencies, self-regulators, business associations, etc.), and host country government counterparts.
- Demonstrated mentoring abilities and experience supporting senior managerial staff.
- USAID or USG experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience leveraging other sources of funding to advance programmatic objectives.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to creatively problem-solve and provide ethical management.
- English fluency required, Russian proficiency highly preferred.
- Relevant university degree required.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network's offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Link to job posting: https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=INTER...