Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking a HR Coordinator to support the U.S Agency for International Development’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance. Specifically, the HR Coordinator will support OFDA’s HR team within the PS Division.
The HR Coordinator operates the daily delivery of HR services and talent management support across all of OFDA’s various hiring mechanisms; including but not limited to civil and foreign service, PSCs, PASAs, fellows, interns, and administratively determined (AD) personnel. The HR Coordinator will report to the HR Team Lead. The incumbent is responsible for facilitating the HR Team operational processes, providing general administrative support, assisting the HR Team Lead with a variety of professional and technical activities, and assisting with special HR projects.
ADMINISTRATIVE OPERATIONS & PROCESSES
- Provide administrative support that consists of quality, timely and accurate deliverables including but, not limited to: conducting research on various HR related topics, collecting HR data and assisting with preparing reports, posting HR materials on SharePoint Portal, and compiling HR presentations and training materials.
- Serve as the Program Support (PS) Division’s WebTA Timekeeper assisting staff bi-weekly with time and attendance matters. Responsible for monitoring division progress on timesheets to insure compliance as well as serve as liaison to the Agency WebTA Team and trouble-shoot any issues that the Division Timekeepers cannot.
- Serve as key point of contact in facilitating core HR administrative processes and maintaining HR Support System, including: serving as OFDA’s point of contact for Transit Benefit Application submissions to AMS; serving as an administrator and point of contact for the 360 degree feedback system; and ensuring that the Development in Case of Emergency (DICE) System staff list is current and routinely maintained including, adding new staff, removing former staff, and conducting quarterly checks to ensure accuracy.
- Provide administrative support to the Annual Evaluation Process for multiple hiring mechanisms.
- Research and collate information to respond to HR data calls from OFDA management and staff.
- Assist with editing and maintaining the PSC employee handbook.
- Maintains OFDA’s HR Document Retention Program and Filing System.
- Respond to general internal HR related inquiries and provide assistance.
- Create and maintain OFDA’s organizational charts and ensure they accurately reflect staff headcount on-board, vacancies and recruitment activity on a monthly basis. Solicit updates or changes from Divisions on a monthly basis throughout the year.
- Assists with developing and maintaining a HR Resource Library/Resource Center.
- Provide HR administrative support to the HR Team including HR a variety of outreach events, staff retention activities, and staff on-boarding activities.
- Assists with NEO registration for new hires when needed.
- Assists with preparation and distribution of HR related outreach materials, including posting HR related resources/readings on OFDA Staff Development SharePoint portal and updating HR materials.
- Responds to general inquiries and provide support to other various HR related activities as needed.
- Assists HR Team with hosting Brown Bags on various HR and workforce related topics.
- Participate in off-site Job Fairs with the Recruitment Team, as needed.
- Assists with gathering information and preparing documents in response to data calls or internal audit requests.
- Maintain OFDA’s HR Document Retention Program and Filing System.
- Support the Workman’s Compensation Program by ensuring all incident reports are fully completed accurately and assists with conducting follow-up as needed.
- As needed, serve on DARTs which may require immediate (within 24 hours) deployment overseas for an extended period of time.
- Sign-up for and serve as needed, on Washington-based Response Management Teams (RMTs), which provides services and support to DARTs deployed in response to disasters. The duties on RMTs will be varied.
- Serve as the OFDA after-hours duty officer on a rotational basis, for approximately one week every six months.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Education: Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
Experience: At least 3 years of professional experience working in a HR department/function, with at least two years in an office setting operating in a senior administrative capacity.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Adhere to confidentiality requirements; ensuring protection of sensitive data and safeguard PII
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to broad audiences
- Ability to work with a great degree of independence, flexibility, and exercise sound judgment
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.