India Expansion Analyst
ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
As an organization, we constantly seek to impact more farmers, and the New Country Expansion team is currently preparing for the second year of our Bihar pilot in rural India. This role is part of a small start-up team based out of Motihari in East Champaran district, that strives to transform the lives of Indian farmers by offering end-to-end solutions that are both scalable, and deliver meaningful impact over the next few years.
The efficacy of these interventions is tested by running multiple trials in a year, rigorously measuring their impact, and finding ways to improve their scalability and efficiency over time.
The India Expansion Analyst (IEA) contributes to the design of these interventions and manages all aspects of their execution. Interventions can be stand-alone, like setting up a scalable supply chain for high-quality inputs, or pretty embedded in the work of other teams, like re-imagining the way we offer agricultural trainings to farmers. The IEA will own interventions from start to finish and often start with recruiting a team to get it off the ground. The Expansion Analyst plays a key role in scaling up impactful interventions and establishing a full-country program.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify systems improvements: work closely with the current Operations and Impact teams to identify the biggest barriers to scale and impact, and prioritise the list of interventions to tackle (e.g. supply chain, market access, improved trainings).
- Design scalable interventions: identify clear goals, create project calendars, design workflows, hire support staff, create appropriate tools, understand stakeholders and set up an intervention for success (e.g. core project management).
- Monitor and execute projects: work closely with your team to manage all the aspects of execution, including regular monitoring and reporting (e.g. using field KPIs to track progress and make constant improvements).
- Providing insights and recommendations on program design: based on the data collected and analysed, generate insights on how to change the intervention with a focus on the product offering and services (e.g. recommend a partnership, or institutionalize an improvement like tablets for field staff).
- Building and managing teams: hiring staff using One Acre Fund’s unique “experiential hiring” system, mentoring key deputies, and managing the team as you build it.
- Communicating with other teams: working in coordination with One Acre Fund’s other teams remotely ensuring the smooth execution of interventions from a legal, financial and security standpoint.
- Communicating and negotiating with external stakeholders: working in coordination with local private, nonprofit and public partners to establish long-lasting relationships that ensure smooth execution of the trials and rapid growth to scale.
One Acre Fund has deep operational experience running rural field programs at a scale. Analysts benefit from this past experience, quickly building their skill-set through immersion in our operating environment. At the same time, the main role of Analysts is to accelerate growth and to constantly stretch and improve our operations. This presents an excellent career opportunity to both learn from One Acre Fund’s accumulated experience and constantly improve and enable 40%+ program growth per year.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 4 or more years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for our mission. Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrated leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
- Strong work experiences. Examples include demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience, e.g. starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, setting up supply chains
- Project management skills, e.g. previous consulting work or running a project from start to finish
- Field and desktop research skills including qualitative and quantitative data analysis, performing data collection and carrying out data cleaning and analysis.
- Team Capacity Development, e.g. previously managed a small team or led training & development for staff. Enjoys, excited about teaching & mentoring.
- Team management skills, e.g. recruitment, onboarding, development and management of staff
- Strong communication skills including the ability to manage groups of stakeholders and build partnerships, e.g. working with local suppliers in Bihar, as well as remotely with global OAF teams across different countries
- Uses data to drive decision making. Able to exercise judgment, and make decisions in the context of uncertainty.
- Interested/Positive about integrating technology into work products and services
- Demonstrate ability to identify clear goals, create project calendars, design workflows, regular monitoring and reporting.
- Proficient in providing evaluative feedback and in-depth analysis in a range of business disciplines.
- Strong work experiences in agricultural and/or start-up environments. Experience in resource-constrained environment, ability to prioritize competing interests/opportunities
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of India for at least two years.
- Language: Both English and Hindi fluency essential
PREFERRED START DATE
As soon as possible
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in India.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.
Please apply here: https://grnh.se/8e73c83b1