Director – Private Sector Engagement and Social Enterprise Development
CARE Bangladesh’s Private Sector Engagement Strategy cuts across its work streams around inclusive value chains and markets systems, social entrepreneurship, financial inclusion, women’s economic empowerment, dignified work and village saving and loan initiatives etc.
CARE Bangladesh is seeking an exceptional individual to play a critical leadership role to provide long- term strategic vision and strengthening our work around Private Sector Engagement and Social Enterprises as well as other CARE Bangladesh focus areas mentioned above.
The Director will play a decisive role to offer sustainable market based solutions, co-creating and designing models with market players along with strategic vision of impact at scale in addressing issues around poverty focusing on women and children.
If you are someone who is willing to take up the challenge by offering both ‘thought leadership’ and ‘practical solutions’ for this exciting opportunity, this job is for you!
• Develop and consolidate interventions and investments opportunities to strengthen CARE Bangladesh’s PSE & SE initiatives
• Develop business model in supporting existing and emerging social enterprises of CARE Bangladesh , by bringing clarity in its vision and long-term goals in the social enterprise space
• Develop long-term vision and explore investment opportunities for social enterprise efforts of CARE Bangladesh
• Deepen private sector engagement in CARE Bangladesh’s relevant development programs, by institutionalizing PSE Unit’s support and rigorous engagement with diverse development program teams
• Test ideas, compare, clarify and position CARE Bangladesh’s approach to social enterprise, market system/value chain based programing in fighting poverty and injustice
• Provide strategic leadership/insights to CARE BD’s financial Inclusion initiatives with focus to women and adolescent girls; pilot and test key elements
• Explore and realize opportunities for action research, partnerships and new pilots with the private sector in co-creating sustainable market based solutions for communities
• Strengthen and amplify CARE’s voice and mindshare in the responsible business space, by engaging with the private sector in forums, networks and thematic discussions at national, regional and global levels.
Candidates need to be highly motivated and committed to CARE Bangladesh’s vision, mission, and long-term development work to significantly improve the lives of the most vulnerable and marginalized Candidates must be capable of displaying great learning agility, support and encourage knowledge sharing across projects, for the ultimate benefit of all of CARE’s mission wide initiatives.
Attractive remuneration package will be offered to the really deserving candidate. In addition, CARE offers Provident Fund, Gratuity, Festival Bonus, Leave Encashment, Life and Health Insurance, Working Mother Benefits etc.
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements should apply through CARE Bangladesh’s e-recruitment site: http://www.er-carebangladesh.org/care-recruitment/home on or before August 27, 2019.