Business Development Recruitment Manager
SI is seeking an experienced, full-time Business Development (BD) Recruitment Manager to be based in Arlington, VA. The Manager will work with a hard-working and fun recruitment team under SI's Business Development Unit and will report to the Deputy Director of Recruitment. S/he will lead recruitment on proposals for large budget, strategic and long-term proposals for USAID, USG, foundations and other donors worldwide. The Manager would also supervise, mentor and direct the BD Recruitment Assistant and BD Recruitment Intern on the team, building their capacity in full-cycle recruitment on proposals. In addition, as SI is looking to constantly improve, the Manager will have the opportunity to take on internal initiatives including participation in leading staff training on recruitment procedures, streamlining company-wide recruitment processes, and brainstorming on improvement of staffing and recruitment proposal writing.
Business Development Proposal Recruitment
- Serve as lead recruiter on large-budget, strategic international development proposals, working closely with the SI proposal team members to ensure communication on staffing and recruitment throughout the proposal.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment on key and non-key proposal positions, from creating well-crafted job advertisements, sourcing and short-listing qualified candidates, setting up and participating on interviews with technical staff, conducting reference checks on selected finalists, verifying biodata forms and full verifications, and working with the Pricer to negotiate and extend offers.
- Work with and advise senior technical staff on the development of proposal management plans and personnel write-ups, with an eye on how each candidate skill set best meet what the client is asking for in the contract.
- Assist senior technical staff in determining finalist candidates, based on the skill set of the short-listed candidates against proposal positions/requirements and assessment of the overall proposed team.
- Serve as SI's representative with candidates. Build candidate care and communication with contacted and proposed candidates throughout the proposal recruitment process in order to build SI's network and long-term relationships. Notify candidates should they not be selected as finalists, and maintain regular communication with proposed candidates after submission of a proposal.
- Develop draft and final proposal organizational charts for the technical team based on the proposal's scope of work to guide recruitment and determine how the proposed team should be structured.
- Format and tailor CVs and develop well-crafted bioblurbs for each proposed candidate according to the position and solicitation qualifications. Draft personnel, staffing, and recruitment-related sections of the proposal.
- Work with the Proposal Coordinator to provide quality assurance on personnel-related documentation.
- Advise and support travelling capture teams on recruitment tasks for large-budget not-yet-released proposals.
Recruitment Strategic Initiatives
- Work with the Deputy Director of Recruitment to develop and conduct tailored training to SI project and headquarters staff on recruitment topics.
- Improve SI's candidate networks and recognition in the international development sector by providing top candidate care and professionalism, increasing the reach of SI's job advertisements, and attending career fairs and other networking events.
- Work with the recruitment team to develop easy to use recruitment templates and forms for use across SI (CV templates, reference check forms, common email templates, How-Tos, recruitment manuals, etc.).
- Support other departments in their recruits to ensure the recruitment process is being followed appropriately.
- Serve as the representative for SI's recruitment system and database, to both integrate it throughout SI and build it as a recruitment resource.
- Supervise BD Recruitment Assistant and Intern on proposal recruitment tasks.
- Conduct training, give guidance, and advise various SI staff on recruitment processes and procedures.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with seven years of total experience, including three years leading recruitment on international development proposals.
- Experience recruiting for USAID proposals required.
- Very strong professionalism and oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of independent action and sound judgement.
- Must be fully comfortable using online applicant systems and candidate databases as a main recruitment tool.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Foreign language skills (Spanish, French, Arabic) desirable.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA...
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.