Sr. Associate, Logistics
Team Rubicon (TR) must respond to disaster at a moment’s notice. This requires lean, reliable logistics. This position will report to the Logistics Manager and will drive continuous improvement of logistics from our National Operations Center in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area. You will support all operations, with specific focus on international responses to develop, implement, and manage the standards for our logistics practices. Travel up to 10%, often on short notice, required.
Our culture requires individuals foolish enough to think they can change the world and smart enough to have a shot. Every day is a challenge, but every month brings opportunities for the organization to become synonymous with disaster response. Only the most awesome candidates should apply, period.
- Ensure operational readiness of national and international response equipment used to support operations
- Manage national and international response equipment procurement and budgeting
- Identify equipment and logistics needs and build lean solutions to meet demand
- Communicate logistical support guidelines to leaders throughout the organization
- Manage inventory levels for consumable supplies and maintenance schedules for durable items
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Transportation, or Logistics (may be substituted with experience)
- 2+ years of military, emergency management, or international humanitarian experience preferred
- 1+ years of experience with emergency medical logistics and/or Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) preferred
- 1+ years of Field Logistics work with an INGO preferred, work in complex emergencies a plus
- Experience developing and implementing supply chain demand forecasting processes in an uncertain environment
- Experience managing lifecycle logistics programs across multiple asset categories
- Field experience managing/deploying emergency response equipment to humanitarian emergencies preferred
- Builds lean systems, and approaches challenges with a continuous improvement approach
- Exceptionally skilled in organizing, evaluating, and recommending solutions to support requirements
- Infectious interpersonal skills to support rapport-building with colleagues, volunteers, partners, and stakeholders
- Efficiently manages multiple simultaneous projects and initiatives
- Writes succinctly and communicates effectively to various audiences
- Likes going shopping for TR – evaluate new equipment based on capability, durability, portability and, value
- Experience with Team Rubicon’s operational culture, history, and mission in disaster relief
- Quick study – take on new responsibilities and master new subject matter as TR expands its capabilities
- Doer and talker – build systems to improve the organization, and communicate their value to all affected parties
- Practitioner of technology – learn and manipulate multiple tech platforms
- Ready to travel at a moment’s notice – go bag, work boots, and evening wear required
- Position is in the National Operations Center in Dallas / Fort Worth area, Texas. Relocation expenses not provided
- Be a bad-ass brand ambassador at all times
- Professional Competency, in Fleet Management: demonstrated passion for Logistics with a track record of career progression in the field.
- Built To Serve: authentic connection to Team Rubicon’s culture and mission, as demonstrated by empathy for others and a track record of service
- Resilience & Adaptability: ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and solve problems in the face of ambiguity and constant change
- Trust & Respect: respect and inclusiveness. High openness to feedback; respect for the opinions and differences of others; and a tendency to always assume the positive intent of others
- Communication & Interpersonal Skills: Engages and listens to others, adjusting communication style to fit the audience and message. Delivers messages in a clear, compelling and tactful manner, and encourages the expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics, building rapport relating comfortably with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels.
- Manages Conflict: Diplomatic; sees conflicts as opportunities. Works out tough agreements and settles disputes equitably, finding common ground and acceptable alternatives. Settles differences in productive ways, minimizing disruption.
- Effective Work Habits: Reliable and dependable, adheres to procedure, values trust and independent work.
- Cultivates Innovation: Pushes the organization beyond traditional ways of doing things, introducing new ways of looking at problems, encouraging diverse thinking, and building excitement in others to explore, implement and adopt innovation.
- Plans & Aligns: Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals. Breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions, stages activities with milestones and schedules, anticipates obstacles and sets contingency plans.
Please submit all applications here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/teamrubicon/jobs/4382672002