Country Manager, Niger
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard.
The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals. Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 18 million people reached in 2018 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M people annually by 2023.
About the role
You will be our representative in country and a leader within the M4D movement. Your role is to ensure that every large development organization knows about our organization and our offerings, to design digital engagement strategies with these organizations, and supervise our program implementation. In Niger, we have significant contracts in place, including three USAID-funded programs.
- Work with partners to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects. This includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets and responding to RFPs.
- Delight our partners with quality, timely execution of program deliverables.
- Manage the 3-2-1 Service, expanding content available, developing commercial partnerships to diversify revenue
- Manage relationships with Mobile Network Operators to ensure the infrastructure is in place to connect with all mobile phones in Niger
- Represent the organization to national government agencies and ensure organizational compliance with national regulatory bodies
- Managing the Viamo Niger team: 321 Product Manager
Key Performance Indicators
- Impact: number of unique listeners and engagements
- Bookings: Value of secured partnerships
- Revenue: Execution & invoicing of program deliverables
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to Deputy Regional Director (Programs Team)
- Line manages 321 Product Manager
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Experience living and working in the region (required) and country (desired)
- Experience of 5+ years in any combination of: social enterprise, INGO, mobile network operator, ICT4D, business development
- Proven business development skills, with a history of submitting winning applications
- Project management experience, including reporting and budgeting. (Experience implementing USG-funded projects desirable)
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
Why we love working for Viamo
Make an impact: We take part in meaningful work where millions of users access life changing info and give their voice on key issues
Learn and grow: We face complex challenges and give each other the support to learn and grow
personally and professionally through these challenges.
Deliver exceptionally, work flexibly: We measure our success on results and have flexibility in how we work to achieve them
Be a part of our passionate & inspiring team: We build meaningful relationships with driven, supportive and passionate colleagues located around the world in a virtual global community.
Viamo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage applications from all
candidates. We believe that diverse perspectives help our teams to create innovative solutions and
understand our global clients' needs. In alignment with our values, we are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse global workforce without discrimination.
Apply now with a CV and a short cover letter at viamo.io/vacancies