Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Advisor USAID’s Markets and Nutrition (M&N) - Niger
Lutheran World Relief (LWR) is seeking applications for Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Advisor for the anticipated USAID Markets & Nutrition project in Niger. M&N will serve as the lead markets development activity for USAID’s Resilience in the Sahel II Project (RISE II) and the Sahel Development Partnership.
The MEL Advisor will provide leadership and technical guidance to M&N staff and partners on all MEL related activities. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
This is an anticipated five-year project with a budget of $34 - $37M. Position is contingent upon award and funding.
· Lead the development, implementation, refinement, and harmonization of M&N’s MEL system
- Identify and train staff on appropriate and relevant indicators in line with international and national M&E standards
- Oversee the program’s robust learning component, including providing technical assistance for the project baseline, mid-line, and end-line and developing a research dissemination plan
- Ensure on-time, accurate, and quality reporting according to contract
- Build capacity of local stakeholders and project staff in relevant M&E topics, including data dissemination and use for program improvement; build the capacity of the project sites and support them to effectively introduce and maintain the project M&E systems and processes
- Participate in relevant M&E technical working groups and coordinating bodies; work with relevant ministries on project-linked M&E, as appropriate
**The position requires:
· Masters Degree or higher in economics, business, international development, agricultural economics, agribusiness or a related field · 10+ years of relevant monitor and evaluation experience in commercial value chains, food security, and economic growth with an emphasis on development and marketing of agricultural products · Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations · Experience designing program M&E plans and logical frameworks and monitoring their implementation · Ability to lead multi-method project baseline and end-line evaluations that include focus group discussions and key informant interviews · Experience working with development programming in Niger · Knowledge of different M&E tools, approaches, and methods in addition to experience working with grant making organizations · Working experience in training, coaching and mentoring teams in monitoring-related techniques and methods · Knowledge and past experience with GIS tools · Demonstrated capacity building experience · Excellent written and spoken English and French · Niger nationals are highly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at: http://lwr.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-775155.html