A FINANCE COORDINATOR- Nigeria, Abuja
Action Against Hunger began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 local government areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa.
The Nigeria mission came under ACF-FR management on January 1st 2019. Financing is issued from donors such as DFID, ECHO, GAC, OFDA, SDC, UNICEF, EU, USAID, AFD, French Ministry of Foreign affairs, SIDA and UNOCHA NHF. The total budget amounts to approximately 50 million USD. The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. The mission is composed of over 40 finance team members spread over 5 bases (Abuja, Dutse, Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno), 17 grants to manage including some very large ones
Security conditions in Abuja are good and so are the living conditions with various facilities and amenities
The Nigeria mission, given its size and large portfolio, is both an interesting and challenging mission even for seasoned finance professionals.
The position : Under the supervision of DCD you have mission to ensure sound and transparent administration of funds by providing accounting and financial management consistent with the ACF financial management framework and local legislation. More precisely, you will be in charge of:
· Contribute to the definition of the mission strategy
· Ensure high quality accounting for the mission
· Provide financial and budgetary management
· Promote and ensure financial collaboration and coordination with mission stakeholders
· Manage the Finance team in the capital and be Technical/Support Manager of Finance Managers in the base
The applicant: You hold a relevant degree in Finance and/or Business Administration. You have at least at least 5 years experience in humanitarian sector, with experience with ECHO, USAID FFP, OFDA, EU, DFID grants. Holder of good analytical skills, you are able to strategize and provide strong leadership to the finance team. You are recognized for your autonomy, your communication and problem solving skills.
Fluency in English is mandatory, Knowledge of SAGA is a plus.
Length of contract **: 24 months**
Status: Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Remuneration and benefits :
· Monthly gross salary from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
· Per diem and living allowance: around 500 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
· + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
+ 12% of monthly gross salary as country allowance
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
· Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage:** 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:**
· 25 days of paid leaves per year.
· + 20 RnR per year.
· Break every 12 weeks
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· 2/3 days training on financial tools before departure
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Intermission Workshop once a year
· Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request