Obstetricians for RCPCH Global Links Programme - Rwanda
The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health is seeking to recruit Obstetricians and Midwives to work in Rwanda from September 2019 (for 6 months).
We are looking for obstetricians to work with us from September 2019. Working in teams (2 midwives per hospital and 1 Obstetrician supervising two hospitals) you will support Rwandan district (secondary) level hospitals and health centres in improving the quality of maternal and peri-natal care.
All flights and preparation costs are covered by the project. Volunteers also receive a monthly stipend to cover their in country daily expenses such as food etc. In country accommodation and travel costs are payed directly by the programme.
Comprehensive support will be provided by in-country programme teams and the RCPCH global team in London.
What we are looking for:
• Membership of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
• Evidence of interest and involvement in teaching, and experience or evidence of interest in global health working
• Understanding of research methods, and monitoring and evaluation
• Willingness and ability to collect data in relation to the programme quality improvement outcomes
• Completion of an Emergency Obstetric Course such as Management of Obstetric Emergencies and Trauma (MOET) training course, LSTM’s ‘Making it happen’ EmoC course or RCOG Essential Obstetrics skills course.
• Experience working in a resource-poor setting
• Demonstrable management experience preferred (e.g. quality improvement experience within NHS; completed audit cycle; guideline writing etc)
Please click on the link below to find out more and apply;
Alternatively, please contact the Rwanda programme manager at the RCPCH:
Interviews for these roles will take place on an ongoing basis.
The final possible deployment date us March 2020.