Vice President of Finance and Contracts, Arlington, VA
Vice President of Finance and Contracts, Arlington, VA
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
The Vice President of Finance and Contracts is an integral member of the Social Impact team and acts as the primary financial and contractual officer of the organization, overseeing (1) finance and accounting functions (2) compliance, contract, and subcontract management and (3) pricing for bids.
The Vice President of Finance and Contracts is responsible for the company's budgeting and planning, financial reporting, accounting operations, financial compliance and outward facing relationships. S/he reports to the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, and interfaces with the Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors.
The Vice President of Finance and Contracts is also responsible for developing and implementing overall contractual, pricing and procurement programs and policies for the company that ensure compliance with client regulations and are aligned with the mission of the organization. S/he oversees and supports the negotiation, administration and termination of contracts and subcontracts. S/he is responsible for RFP review and provides oversight of cost proposal development. S/he is also responsible for oversight of SAM and GSA schedule management.
The ideal candidate is well organized, diplomatic, a problem solver, can multi-task with ease and is results driven. S/he is able to liaise effectively across the organization, communicating easily and partnering with staff in HQ and the field to promote strong financial management practices, compliant project management and procurement.
Financial Management and Leadership
- Serves as the primary financial officer of the company. Directs and oversees all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization.
- Provides leadership for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives of the company.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including the company owners and the Executive Vice President.
- Ensures that accurate and timely reports, analyses, and projections are prepared to facilitate effective financial management at the project and corporate level. Provides counsel on fiscal matters, regulatory compliance and financial implications of business decisions.
- Collaborates across the organization to increase efficiency in financial processes that cross departmental lines and to strengthen the financial management capability of staff.
Departmental Leadership and Personnel Management
- Supervises direct reports in the Finance, Contracts, and Pricing teams. Mentors direct reports and facilitates their professional development.
- Establishes a professional and collaborative work environment for the Finance department.
- Anticipates future staffing needs based on workload projections.
- Oversees and leads the team responsible for contract administration of active portfolio.
- Provides advice and guidance on issues escalated by the Contracts administrative team and/or Programs staff to ensure swift resolution.
- Supports other documentation (SAM, CPARS, GSA) by contract staff.
- Leads the development and delivery of standard operating procedures, training programs and other tools that will advance the department’s mandate of contractual oversight and compliance.
Cost Proposal Development
- Oversees and leads the team responsible for development of cost proposals for bids.
- Provides Budget & Pricing advice and guidance in the preparation of cost proposals, regarding contractual considerations, certifications and representations, labor rates and categories, etc.
- Provides quality assurance of cost proposals for strategic and/or potentially risky bids.
- Ensures that the Controller and the Accounting team achieve timely, accurate, and compliant execution of all functions of the accounting department.
- Maintains a system of adequate internal controls over the company’s accounting and financial management transactions.
- Oversees the preparation and communication of accurate monthly and annual financial reporting.
Financial Planning and Management
- Leads preparation of the annual budget and periodic forecasts, and provides regular variance reporting.
- Provides cash flow projections and analyses to assist in managing the company.
- Works with Executive Management in analyzing the financial impact of strategic business decisions.
- Leads initiatives to introduce new technology platforms that support improved financial analysis, management and reporting.
- Interfaces with federal and donor specific auditors. Backstops the controller as needed with respect to independent CPA audits.
- Ensures proper filing of tax returns by Accounting; the proper submission of incurred cost proposal, and NICRA revisions; and accurate and timely financial reporting in compliance with national and client specific laws and regulations, including GAAP.
- Keeps up to date on best practices and current developments in accounting, finance, and compliance.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participates in Departmental and company initiatives as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a related field, substantial relevant coursework, or equivalent experience. Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in finance, accounting, contracts administration, negotiation, pricing, or other relevant experience.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of financial, accounting and payroll software. Experience with Deltek Costpoint, ADP Workforce and Quickbooks a plus.
- Experience working with USAID and USG contracts in a for-profit environment. Knowledge of private foundations, other bilateral and multi-lateral donors preferred.
- Knowledge and experience preparing indirect cost submissions.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of CPFF, T&M, FP, and IDIQ contracts. Experience working with USAID and USG contracts. Knowledge of private foundations, other bilateral and multi-lateral donors preferred.
- Working knowledge of FAR and AIDAR.
- Skilled in analyzing contracts for compliance and experience and expertise dealing with non-routine and complex contractual issues.
- Demonstrated leadership and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent writing, communication, analytical and negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize, multitask and deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership and inter-personal skills. Ability to communicate and manage well at all levels in the organization and with staff at remote locations.
- Proactive, collaborative, creative problem solver who is able to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- International experience in a developing country setting and foreign language skills a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To apply, please visit our website: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SOCIIMPA...
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.