Administrative & Fundraising Assistant (Part-Time)
Free to Run seeks a part time Administrative & Fundraising Assistant to support Free to Run’s Executive Director in donor development activities, particularly in the United States.
Free to Run is an international organization that uses adventure sports to support women and girls living in areas of conflict to build their physical, emotional, and social well-being; developing them into community leaders so they can bring people together across cultural, ethnic and religious lines. We provide them with the tools to succeed and support them to transfer those successes to their everyday lives because they can and will be a force for positive change.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities Will Include (but not be limited to):
· Cultivate and grow support from existing individual donors
· Develop and implement strategies to increase annual revenue from individuals
· Develop and manage a program for regional donors and our Ambassadors
· Manage execution on all aspects of donor outreach in the United States and worldwide, including prospecting for new members, sending out regular communications and annual donor gifts, coordinating events and engagement opportunities, and reporting impact
· Manage ongoing donor communications with individual as well as regional donors
· Develop and write letters of inquiry and reports, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders
· Ensure timely reporting on grant and donor program deliverables
· Collaborate with the Treasurer, Accountant, and Executive Director on budgeting and cash flow planning
· Manage prospect research, maintaining grant files, CRM database, fundraising materials, and donor acknowledgments
Skills & Qualifications
To be successful in this role, you should have an incredible passion for our mission and an ability to inspire others to get involved. You should have 5+ years of relevant experience in development, networking, presentation, and relationship building. You also:
· Are a strategic thinker, analytical, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized
· Possess a track record of securing six-figure or larger gifts, including multi-year commitments
· Have demonstrated your ability to develop funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner
· Thrive both in a collaborative, team environment and working independently
· Have highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to be persuasive in both written and verbal communications
· Have a strong and thoughtful customer service orientation
· Have experience using online databases and other sources to conduct research on potential funding prospects
· Have experience developing and successfully implementing donor programs, networks, or councils to establish a strong revenue source.
· Have a solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Be able to commit 10-20 hours/week depending on work experience
A high level of computer literacy is required; experience in fundraising for educational programs is strongly preferred. Proficiency in working with Microsoft Office and Google Docs a must.
Please send your CV and cover letter, together with two professional references (letters of reference not required at this stage, but are welcome), to Taylor at email@example.com by 1 February 2020. We would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
For more information about our programs, please visit our website (www.freetorun.org) or find us on social media: