Gender Specialist - For Filipino Nationals
Fundación Educación y Cooperación – EDUCO Philippines is a local branch of a child-focused international development organization, with head office in Spain. EDUCO places child’s rights at the core of its activities and supports local civil society organizations and government units in strengthening their capacities to guarantee the realization of children’s rights.
The Gender Specialist plays an essential role in Educo Philippines, leading the development of innovative, relevant and responsive strategies, conceptualization, design in line with international development trends, consistent with Educo’s organizational standards and Country Strategic Plan and ensuring program quality of all programs and projects related to Gender. S/he will lead and identify key entry points and strategic approaches to address gender issues with a view to ensure gender inclusive analysis in proposal development, programmatic design and advocacy work.
The Gender Specialist will work closely with Educo’s Global and Regional Technical Teams, Country Office team and other ChildFund Alliance members. The Gender Specialist reports to the Program Manager.
- Technical Support: Provide technical assistance and support in areas such as designing and conducting gender analyses and assessments, and developing toolkits, resource guides, and other technical resources. Design Educo’s continuous learnings and improvement processes related to Gender to develop it as a resource material for internal and external use as support to implementation team and stakeholders. Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development with a focus on the prevention, protection and response to Gender-Based Violence.
- Capacity Development and Networking/Partnerships: Conduct capacity-building activities (trainings, technical assistance and, coaching) to the program staff and partner NGOs/ agencies to increase their knowledge on gender issues. Maintain relationships with donor communities with Gender initiatives/ programs for increased awareness to Educo programs for possible funding opportunities and collaboration.
- Knowledge building: Facilitate knowledge building and mainstreaming of gender within Educo programs and activities. Undertake selected studies/research on emerging development concerns that feed into partners’ processes.
- Technical Representation: Represent Educo in Gender workshops and symposium for learning and sharing purposes towards positioning the organization as key focal point in Gender and Development.
- Implementation of the Gender Policy: Support to global and country office in the implementation and streamlining of the gender policy in all aspects of Educo Philippines operations and programming.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences and other related courses. Graduates of other course may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role. Master’s degree or PhD degree desirable;
- Minimum experience of 8 years in a similar position;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting gender impact analysis, capacity and vulnerability analysis, gender analysis, development of strategies for both gender mainstreaming as well as targeted gender initiatives, development and execution of needs assessments;
- Substantial experience in design of gender projects and ensuring gender issues are mainstreamed in programs and projects;
- Experience working with INGOs, preferably with child-rights organizations
- Experience using international human rights law for human rights advocacy
- Experience of working in an international context, at least in Asia with strong portfolio in the Philippines
We are offering:
- A fixed-term contract for one (1) year, subject for evaluation after six (6) months, with possibility of transitioning to a regular position. To start immediately.
- A competitive compensation and benefit package
Interested candidates should send an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line written as ‘Application for Gender Specialist. Last Name. First Name'. Applicants who are able to indicate current or last salary and expected pay will be prioritized. The vacancy will remain open until a qualified application is received and a candidate is available. We will respond to shortlisted applicants within two (2) weeks after closing date of applications. Due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond individually to all applicants.
Educo has a Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct that seeks to guarantee children’s protection. As such, we are committed to doing all necessary actions to guarantee child protection including conduct of background checks and obtaining references for all candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national, ethnic or social origin, property, disability, birth or other status to apply for the post.