Head of Communications and External Affairs
Reall develops, refines and shares innovative housing models that unlock the political will, capital investment and end-user finance needed to create the conditions for hard-working families to secure their own home. Theydo this because affordable homes not only provide a fundamental human right, they unleash unimaginable human potential to shape a future of gender parity, climate resilience, clean water and air, renewable energy and socio-economic justice.
Reall believes that the best way to realise this future is by working in open collaboration using an open-source approach, so that the best ideas can be adapted and adopted around the world.
This enables functioning housing markets to be developed at greater speed and scale and means that together, we don’t just construct houses, we build a home for human potential.
The Head of Communications and External Affairs will plan, develop, implement, and manage an integrated communications strategy to support Reall’s vision to transform the affordable homes market.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the marketing and communications strategy across all platforms including brand marketing, internal communications, media and public relations, marketing, digital and social media and production of materials.
- Lead on copy writing and production of all marketing materials and key publications.
- Provide high quality, relevant information and tools to empower Reall staff to communicate confidently and effectively with all stakeholders, boost the organisation’s profile and support fundraising activity.
- Act as a ‘brand guardian’ ensuring brand guidelines are up to date and there is consistency across all internal and external communications.
- Take responsibility for the development and management of the Reall website and social media accounts, including generating content, making improvements to functionality, maximising its potential and monitoring its performance.
- Monitor trends and research opportunities within the sector and provide insight into the wider sector and communications landscape.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of stakeholder needs regarding communications
- Identify and shape Reall’s presence and participation in sector events, conferences and awards including leading on Reall’s own investor forum and partner network events.
- Manage, coach and develop direct reports.
- Effectively manage the Communications budget, including the setting and monitoring of expenditure and analyse return on investment of promotional opportunities.
- Develop relationships with key media and sector influencers to grow coverage and brand profile, ensuring the right messages reach the right audiences and trigger the desired outcomes.
Ensure external queries are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills across a range of formats
- Excellent project management, logistics and customer relations skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal and visual presentation skills
- Effective knowledge of CRM and database management
- Experience of PR and media principles and landscape
- Budget management and financial literacy
- Experience in managing people, both directly and indirectly, to deliver against objectives
Please visit https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/head-of-communications-and-external-affairs-2/ to download the candidate pack and apply.