Regional Consortium Manager
Save the Children is recruiting for an experienced Regional Consortium Manager that will be responsible for the oversigh of a Migration/Child Protection programme across seven countries in West Africa. The program brings together an EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa funded consortium of international organisations to deliver a high quality, integrated programme focused on improving vulnerable migrant children and adolescents access to protection and quality services in strategic locations along the migration routes.
The Regional Consortium Manager will be responsible to coordinate and oversee the quality on the implementation of the programme, providing overall strategic leadership and managerial oversight on the administrative, programmatic, technical, data collection, advocacy and operational aspects.
S/he will oversee the day-to-day implementation of the programme, including the teams in the field as per organigram. S/he will be accountable for the timely and quality implementation of activities, compliance with donor rules and regulations and effective stakeholders’ relationship management.
S/he will be also responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with the donor, Governments, consortium members and strategic partners, operating at regional and at country level, acting as the primary liaison and program representative.
S/he will also be responsible for the overall management of areas related to finance, budgetary management and oversight, and partner sub-contract management, as well as other operational and administrative duties required by the programme, ensuring that the regional team and the teams in the field execute them efficiently and effectively
Qualifications and experience
* Relevant university degree (Education or other Social Science, International Development, etc.)
* Sound knowledge of West Africa including institutions, policies and legal frameworks related to migration and protection
* Fluency in written and spoken French
* Sound knowledge and prior experience in managing EU funded program
* Proven skills in program management and administration, including grants management and donor compliance
* Proven skills in program monitoring and reporting.
* Prior experience in management of consortia and/or multi-country programs
* Prior experience in managing complex budgets
* Prior experience of working at senior management level in regional programs.
* Prior experience working in emergency response contexts or fragile states.
* Strong skills in staff management, moderation, conflict resolution and capacity-building
* Ability to lead a programme and support a team working from remote locations
* Knowledge and working experience in Child Rights-based approach.
* Experience in remote and matrix management
* Willingness to extensive field travel and to remote locations
* Strong analytical and conceptual skills and the ability to think and plan strategically.
* Ability to work with limited supervision.
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children aims, values and principles.
* Proficiency in written and spoken English
* Experience in Child Protection/Youth/Migration programming.
* Experience in Rights-based approach
* Experience in promoting children’s participation in programming, design, implementation and evaluation
* Working experience in challenging and insecure contexts and/or similar.
* Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult working circumstances.
Contract length: 03 years
Location: Dakar (SENEGAL) – with significant travel to field locations (up to 50%)
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.