Overview of CTG:
- CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
Overview of the position:
After completing clearance work in Eastern Sudan, our client in Sudan is focusing on clearing landmines & ERWs for humanitarian purposes in South Kordofan & Blue Nile, the most contaminated states in Sudan due to ongoing armed conflict since 2011.
The objectives of this project are to:
- Enable safe humanitarian aid delivery through survey & clearance roads & area in South Kordofan & Blue Nile contaminated by landmines & ERW.
- Reduce casualties among the Sudanese population, refugees & humanitarian actors through risk education.
- Improve coordination & monitoring of humanitarian mine action across Sudan.
- Provide direct Technical Support to implementing partners & Sudan National Mine Action Center, in response to the MA program.
- Conduct quality assurance & monitoring of the mine action activities in South Kordofan & Blue Nile states.
- Support National Mine Action Center & national implementing partners to build solid & rigorous quality assurance & quality management capacity.
- Monitor & supervise all the mine action operations in coordination with NMAC.
- Act as our clients sub office representative & participate in local UN coordination meetings.
- Coordinate with relevant humanitarian & security stakeholders in the area of sub office on the safety of other humanitarian actors & reflect them to prioritization
- Coordinate, facilitate & prioritize all operational tasking for MA within the area of deployment.
- Manage all aspect of sub office including personnel & vehicle.
- Maintain close coordination with NMAC in all aspect of mine action operations.
- Supervises grants/contracts with all mine action partners to ensure contractual conformity & humanitarian principle.
- Maintain, revise & update of the Standard Working Procedures.
- Update the Sudan National Technical Standard Guidelines (NTSG).
- Ensure close & effective interaction & coordination of the integral aspects of mine action, such as QA, Mine Victim Support & Mine Risk Education.
- Supervise QA assessments & ensure that all QA assessment data is captured on IMSMA.
- Provide guidance on any specific corrective actions to be taken by demining organizations, following an inspection, which finds a critical non conformity.
- Ensure proper maintenance of documentation for all inspected land.
- The implementation of a QA management system & ensure that the system is being applied in a fair & equitable manner & that accreditation, licensing & monitoring does not interrupt or delay demining projects.
- Conduct routine on site QA of Mine Action Organization operations (for monitoring & post clearance inspections) & as part of the accreditation process.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) are in compliance with the IMAS & are conducting safe & effective Mine Action Operations.
- Depending on the role which this position will be assigned to within the project administration setup in a specific country/program (i.e. office structure, DOAs, ATLAS functions, segregation of duties, etc.), the incumbent will have responsibilities determined by UN rules & regulations embodied in its regulatory framework Organizational Directives, Administrative Instructions & other documents as periodically issued & updated by our client. Reporting lines with regards to compliance with their rules & regulations are ultimately to the Director Peace & Security Cluster through the respective Portfolio Manager. In addition, division of responsibilities when it comes to administrative processes in support of the program objectives will be as determined for each country office & confirmed in writing by the Director of Peace & Security Cluster.
- Reporting on weekly, monthly & quarterly basis on progress to Program Manager.
- Report on coordination & other issues on ad-hoc basis as required/requested.
- Ensure that all reporting is entered to INSMA.
- Other tasks as directed by the Program Manager
- This role reports to the Sudan Program Manager.
- This role will be responsible for handling one national operational staff.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience in Africa (essential).
- Advanced University Degree (Masters Degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline.
- Experience in mine action operations & quality assurance with EOD level-2 certificate.
- At least 5 years of experience in operations management (humanitarian mine action).
- Proven & applicable experience in management of operations in humanitarian mine action desired.
- Proven experience with QA & QC process in humanitarian mine action operations irrelevant to the geographical location.
- Fluent in English.
- Fluency in spoken & written Arabic is desirable.
- Teamwork skills: Strong interpersonal skills & ability to establish & maintain effective partnerships & working relations with people in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity & respect for diversity.
- Organizing & quality orientation: Ability to manage, organize, plan & implement work assignments, juggle competing demands & work under pressure of frequent & tight deadlines.
- Decision making: Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment & decision-making skills.
- Communication skills: Strong spoken & written communication skills.
- Creativity & innovation: Strong analytical & problem-solving skills & ability to handle a range of management & coordination issues.
- Ability to learn: Willingness to keep abreast of new developments.
- Lives & breathes UN values: Takes ownership for all responsibilities & honors commitments.
Other relevant information:
- To be advised.
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on CTG website as a candidate & apply for this role using the below link: