Project Officer (Nationals Only)
The Project Officer (PO) will work on the consortium composed of UNICEF as the lead organization, and The Asia Foundation (TAF) and Save the Children Philippines (SCP) as members, to implement the SaferKidsPH project. This project focuses on the concerted and targeted support to increase demand for and supply of Online Sexual Exploitation of Children (OSEC) interventions, and to create an enabling environment for preventing OSEC, protecting survivors and children-at-risk, and promoting online safety.
The PO will be responsible for overseeing program implementation, particularly the outcome on improved service delivery for OSEC prevention and child protection through support of community-based mechanisms in OSEC hotspots. This work includes: (1) working with and strengthening multi-disciplinary teams and child protection quick response teams; (2) empower local governments to address OSEC through Local Councils for the Protection of Children and strategic local public finance management; (3) mobilize children and other community members for child protection; (4) increase the capacity of schools for child protection; (4) support in project monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL); (5) preparation of project reports; and (6) networking and advocac y. The position will be supervised by the Manager for Child Protection and Child Rights Governance Programs and will closely coordinate with the Child Protection Adviser.
This role will be overseeing project implementation in program areas with high OSEC prevalence, particularly in Metro Manila, Cagayan de Oro City in Region X, and Pampanga in Region III.
Qualifications and Experience
* At least 3 years’ experience in working in partnership with and providing support to civil society groups – NGOs, community-based organizations or people’s organizations, and/or government agencies
* Preferably with a degree in Community Development, Social Sciences or equivalent experience
* Knowledgeable on the concepts of human rights, empowering civil society, local governance, children’s rights, child development and child protection
* Strong experience in managing Consortium programmes and understanding of institutional donor compliance
* Demonstrable experience in advocacy initiatives including influencing key stakeholders at high levels including senior management, donors, Government Authorities
* Strong experience managing multiple tasks and ability to be proactive and demonstrate leadership
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to lead, build and work effectively in team situations
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
* SCI values are indicated below and we expect all candidates to align with such values
* Skilled and experienced in project management and the project cycle – development of proposals, budget monitoring and grant management
* A team player who is willing to work long hours towards the attainment of program objectives and deliverables
* Must have a high sense of urgency and well-developed work ethic
* Has a basic understanding of Save the Children’s core principles, vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives; willing to adopt Save the Children’s theory of change in program implementation.
Contract length: Fixed Term Position until June 2020 based in Makati City
The Organisation We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.