Global Education Cluster Programme Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Education Cluster Programme Manager to join the Global Education Cluster, which Save the Children co-leads with UNICEF. The Cluster provides support to over 20 Education Clusters/Education in Emergencies Working Groups that collectively coordinate education in emergency responses and reaches over 13 million children.
In this role you will provide/oversee support to the Global Cluster Coordinators, including coordination of the strategic advisory group and steering group, and key global advocacy events. You will also support strategic planning and review sessions, lead on our routine communication and reporting to partners and donors, and contribute to a series of strategic priorities looking to scale up our capacity to deliver against our accountabilities. This will include driving forward the recommendations of the cluster lead agency review, internal representation and advocacy, and operational management of a roster of deployable experts.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with talent, energy and commitment; to help ensure positive and lasting change in the lives of the most marginalised, and vulnerable children.
In order to be successful you will be/bring:
* Several years of progressively senor experience in project/programme management and/or another technical area relevant to the role
* Experience of supporting multi-sectoral or large scale strategic planning and review processes
* A demonstrable ability to work effectively with specialists from multiple technical disciplines and with stakeholders at global, national and sub-national level
* Knowledge of the cluster system, including recent trends and developments
* Experience of working in inter-agency contexts with governments, UN, NGOs, donors and other partners
* Strong interpersonal, networking and communications skills (both written and verbal). The capacity to deliver high quality outputs for external representation and the ability to tailor communications to different audiences
* A proactive and solution orientated approach, able to use initiative to see opportunities to achieve the objectives of this role and the cluster
* The ability to travel overseas as required (up to 15%), including flexibility and willingness to travel to countries in crisis situations.
* Fluency in Arabic, French or Spanish would be an advantage.
This role could be based in any existing Save the Children location. National terms and conditions will apply.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a cover letter and up-to-date CV with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. Please visit our website for a copy of the full Job Description: https://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.