Research & MEAL Manager
This role is envisioned to bring consistency and quality in research and use of evidence in MST cluster (Myanmar,Sri Lanka,Thailand). The incumbent will provide oversight of MEAL in MST Cluster, institutionalize evidence uptake and learning practices for Adaptive Child Rights Programming geared towards achieving lasting outcomes for children.
Skills and Experience
* Masters degree in relevant field and atleast 10years’ experience working in development, including at least 5 years based in a developing country
* Considerable experience in writing of policy papers, research and evaluation reports
* Knowledge and experience of designing and managing research and evaluations
* Experience in analysing situation of children using child rights programming/ principles framework
* Demonstrated ability to think critically, strategically and analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
* Ability to give professional support, strong networking skills.
* Excellent written & verbal communications skills, fluency in English
* Willing to travel to COs and support field teams
* Commitment to Save the Children values.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
Closing Date for Application: (17 June 2019)
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.