Business Development Officer
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Opportunity Development (OPD) - Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The Opportunity Development team contributes to realizing this purpose by overseeing Pact’s new business development activities. Every member of the Opportunity Development team at Pact is committed to sharing in the success of the organization, its peers, and individual accomplishments. The Opportunity Development team is managed through a matrixed structure that promotes winning proposals through collaboration. The team offers team members, both experienced and new professionals, opportunities for learning and professional development. Ideal candidates bring positive energy to this dynamic work environment.
The Business Development Officer (BDO) manages specific proposals and may contribute to longer-term market research and trends analysis, as well as supports development of country-level business strategies.
- Manage proposals as assigned, ensuring that proposal meet funder specifications and deadlines as well as Pact’s quality standards; conduct research and create drafts for proposal sections as necessary.
- Work with program officers, country representatives, and other staff to conceptualize and design proposals for new project activities and/or amendments to current projects
- Support bid decision-making conversations.
- Lead capture planning including leading technical brainstorming, competitive landscape analysis and win theme sessions
- Coordinate with Grants & Contracts and Finance for budget review and approvals and to negotiate final awards with donors.
- Build a network of professional business contacts within Pact’s industry; help negotiate partnership arrangements and budgets; coordinate teaming agreements, memoranda of understanding, and other institutional agreements with partners.
- Monitor and share information from outside sources of news, including political and security information.
- Help identify training needs and help develop and deliver training modules tailored to the needs of HQ and field-based Pact staff; help develop manuals, general operating procedures, templates, guides and other tools.
- Maintain accurate information in database and assist with conducting analysis of proposal development; and maintain accurate and timely electronic files.
- Facilitates internal post-submission debrief sessions to glean lessons learned
- Other related tasks, as needed.
- BA in relevant field such as international development, international relations, or a related area.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience (or equivalent).
- Ability to travel internationally on short notice.
- Strong planning and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make presentations.
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills.
Strong understanding of budgets.
Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations.
Experience in one of Pact’s technical areas or a support function.
Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations.
Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems.
- MA in international development, international relations, or a related area.
- Experience in international development in an overseas setting
- Fluency in English and proficiency in at least one other language
Pact provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please apply here at https://careers-pactworld.icims.com/jobs/1236/business-development-offic...