LIVELIHOOD AND RESILIENCE PROGRAM COORDINATOR
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE seeks a passion and mission driven Livelihooods and Resilience Program Coordinator to provide overall technical leadership to CARE’s livelihoods and resilience programme in Sudan and in particular manage and supervise Step Up to Empower Women and End Violence (SEEV) project for two years, in Abujubiha and Rashad localities in South Kordofan. S\he will be responsible for developing a relevant country level strategy on livelihoods and resilience; and implement it along with relevant partners.
In response to the inequalities faced by conflict-affected and poverty stricken women and girls living in Abujubeiha and Rashad localities, South Kordofan, CARE is planning to support the development of inclusive decision-making structures, engagement of men and boys to combat violence against women and girls, and economic empowerment of women. At strategic level, CARE will work with Dutch Embassy, State Administration, and Ministries and with private sectors such as DAL group and individual activists. At Local level the project will work with NNGOs, microfinance institutions, traditional community leaders, women producer’s associations and community-based organizations (CSOs).
CARE will provide vocational training to women and other marginalized groups, enabling them to participate in the value chain, supporting economic empowerment and providing psychosocial support; furthermore, through the Village Savings and Loan model, women will gain access to microfinance support. This multifaceted approach will engage the whole community to improve quality of life for everyone, ensuring that nobody is left behind. CARE and DAL Group reflect their mutual willingness to support women in developing their economic and social potential in South Kordofan State through Public Private Partnership.
Reporting to Director of Programs, the post-holder will put in place and ensure the maintenance of programme management systems that ensure programme and reporting quality, financial management and personnel management and timely delivery of programme components according to the milestones agreed with the donor; provide close follow-up and support to the program staff in South Kordofan to implement the projects objectives and targets, technical and managerial needs; ensure strong oversight, follow-up, identification of training needs and project implementation preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting to CARE /donor standards are among the key responsibilities.
• Develop overall project guidance in terms of work plans/budget, MEAL plans and procurement plans, in coordination with relevant technical staff
• Overall responsibility for a coordinated and planned implementation, measurement, monitoring and reporting of the projects and other assigned tasks
• Lead the integration and link the project interventions with the country office program framework and the country presence review
• Manage, direct and support the projects staff
• Contribute to development of new programs and to preparation of proposals and budgets for similar interventions
• Ensure that donor contractual requirements are fulfilled, including by partners and internal regulations, throughout the entire project period
• Track budget expenditure against activity implementation, recommending necessary budget line adjustments or budget review to in a timely manner
• Generate and share regular technical and financial reports timely as per the requirement for donor, government and CARE
• Lead the process of developing CARE’s Resilience and Livelihoods strategy with a focus on women economic empowerment and integration with other programs
• Explore new and innovative programmes on women economic empowerment
• Organize partnership forums for feedback, interaction, learning and improved planning
• Responsible for ensuring partners receive relevant capacity building and support in line with mutually agreed capacity building plans
• Be aware of CARE’s commitments to Gender and Diversity, PSEA and strive to uphold them
• Master’s degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Economics, Business, or other discipline relating to Livelihoods and resilience.
• A minimum of Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in a similar role – specifically in managing Public Private Partnership
• very strong experience in resilience and livelihoods programming at both strategic and operational levels
• Demonstrated experience in integrating gender and diversity issues into programmes
• Evidence of project cycle management experience, including strategic planning, budgeting, reporting, monitoring & evaluation
• Ability to work with local authorities and rural communities including traditional and political leadership
• Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application especially in Sudan context with an ability to adapt and work within a multicultural, multilingual and multidisciplinary environment
• Demonstrated ability to provide leadership in a highly motivated team
• Strong interest in Gender and Women’s Economic Empowerment programs
• Strong skills in networking, representation and building relations with diverse stakeholders
• Experience in building the capacity of the team internally and of external stakeholders
• Excellent oral and written English skills.
• Working knowledge of Arabic is desired.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU...
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.