Chief of party
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for Clean Cities, Blue Ocean (CCBO), an anticipated USAID/E3/Urban task order under the Making Cities Work IDIQ. If implemented, the budget will range from $48 million to $50 million and seek to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for reducing, reusing, and recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management in urban and peri-urban settings. Global in scope and impact, CCBO will work in the Dominican Republic, Peru, Philippines, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, and the Maldives to start. The project will work with both multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities and USAID/Washington on global-level activities. This will include private sector engagement and policy support to promote 3Rs and strengthen local and regional markets for recycled plastic; build social behavior change for sustainable waste management and recycling; increase capacity and effective governance of solid waste management and recycling systems; and drive support for international fora, public-private partnerships, and multi-stakeholder alliances. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Coordinate program activities in consultation with USAID and key stakeholders
- Liaise with USAID and local stakeholders to support program activities
- Manage a team of technical experts, advisors, and local staff, potentially including in-country teams
- Provide the team with strategic guidance for the completion of program activities
- Perform strategic, financial, and operational planning, including work planning, forecasting, training initiatives, and ensuring project compliance with all USAID’s and Chemonics’ regulations and processes
- Ensure effective, timely monitoring and reporting of program performance
- Oversee the submission of high-quality written reports in English on program activities capturing effects related to all activities
- Foster partnerships and alliances, especially with the private sector, to leverage additional funds and support for program activities
- Facilitate clear communication channels within the team and maintain communication with Chemonics’ home office
- A master’s degree in an environmental field or related field
- A minimum 15 years of experience in environmental programming and implementation with demonstrated knowledge or experience in plastics lifecycle or solid waste management generally
- A minimum eight years of program management experience, preferably as chief of party or a similar role
- Experience leading USAID project with a global scope preferred
- Experience implementing public-private partnerships and multi-stakeholder alliances, especially in the areas of plastics lifecycle and solid waste management more generally
- Demonstrated knowledge of supply chains and markets for cycled materials, especially for plastics
- Demonstrated ability to manage, negotiate, and coordinate with consortium partners, subcontractors, and multidisciplinary short-term and long-term technical assistance teams under complex organizational arrangements
- Familiarity and experience with U.S. government rules and regulations
- Field experience in Latin America or Asia preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, integrity, and versatility
- Fluency in written and oral English; Spanish fluency preferred
Please send an electronic version of your CV and cover letter with “Chief of Party” in the subject line to CCBORecruit@chemonics.com by June 15, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Priv...