Compliance Manager (US Grants/Cooperative Agreements)
*Please note, only candidates that are eligible to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship can be considered for this position.
ARK Group is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation company that provides research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as delivers evidence-based, cost-effective, impactful programming, in areas of conflict and instability globally on behalf of public and private sector clients.
Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity with a focus on the following UN Sustainable Development Goals – Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, Reduced Inequalities, Gender Equality and Partnerships for the Goals.
Under the supervision of the Head of Corporate Services, the Compliance Manager will serve as the internal expert on grants management practices and processes for the Group worldwide. S/he will add value by developing and auditing systems which adhere to US Government rules and regulations, providing guidance and oversight in the administration US Government grants and cooperative agreements from bid submission through to award, administration and close-out.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Project Managers and Heads of Department providing guidance on interpretation of grant rules and regulations.
- Analyse and respond to regulatory questions from internal and external sources by interpreting company policies and applicable governmental regulations.
- At project inception phase carry out a thorough review of grant terms and conditions identifying potential issues impacting project delivery.
- Take initiative to identify and analyse potential issues impacting project delivery schedule, quality and objectives.
- Review direct and indirect cost allocation, working closely with the Finance Department on proper company costing practices and internal controls, including implementation of NICRA.
- Support the Finance Department in producing timely reports on grant spend and spend predictions in conjunction with project managers.
- Lead on award close-out in conjunction with the project manager(s) ensuring all donor requirements are met, ensuring positive audit results.
- In collaboration with the Head of Corporate Services, find organisation-wide solutions to compliance issues.
- Oversee the preparation and delivery of staff training and other internal guidance documentation.
- Keep up to date with changes within the industry through resource sites, publications and continuing education.
Education and experience
- BA/BS degree in a related field such as International Relations, Business Administration required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of administrative and/or technical experience working with a contractor or international NGO managing US Government-funded projects. Candidates who do not have experience in managing US Government funding will not be considered.
- Up to date trainings and certifications on compliance and administration of US Government grants and cooperative agreements.
- Experience in dealing directly with the funding agency.
- Maintains a high standard of integrity
- Ability to apply knowledge and independent judgement to resolve complex problems
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive, problem solving approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills projecting a cooperative attitude
- Ability to work in a team with people of different backgrounds
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; presentation and training skills a plus
- Excellent Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
ARK Group places human dignity at the centre of its development and stabilisation work and is thus committed to the protection from sexual exploitation and abuse of children and adults. All ARK employees and related-personnel are expected to share this commitment, and only those who also uphold these values will be recruited as part of our team. This vacancy is therefore subject to a range of due diligence checks.
Please apply via our careers page - https://workable.com/j/59B7FA8575