Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits
Career with BRAC International
BRAC is a development success story, born in Bangladesh and expanding into 10 other developing countries in Asia and Africa. It spreads anti-poverty solutions making it a global leader in providing opportunities for the world’s poor.
BRAC was founded in Bangladesh in 1972 by Sir Fazle Hasan Abed, and is today one of the top leaders in developing cost-effective, evidence-based poverty innovations in extremely poor, fragile and post-disaster settings. BRAC started its first programme outside of Bangladesh in Afghanistan in 2002 through its Dutch registered Stichting BRAC International. BRAC International is currently reaching over 19 million people beyond Bangladesh and creating opportunities to break the cycle of poverty.
With a holistic approach that uses a wide array of interventions including microfinance, education, healthcare, legal services and more, BRAC invests in communities’ own human and material resources, catalyzing lasting change and creating an ecosystem in which the poor have the chance to seize control of their own lives. Of the world’s top development and humanitarian relief organisations, BRAC is one of the few based in the global south. In January 2018, BRAC was ranked as the number one NGO in the world for the fourth consecutive year by the Geneva-based NGO Advisor, an independent media organization committed to highlighting innovation, impact and governance in the non-profit sector.
BRAC International is seeking application from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill the following position:
Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefits
The purpose of the Senior Manager, Compensation and Benefit is to research, implement and maintain BRAC International’s pay system and ensure that pay rates are fair and competitive. This position also ensure all required organizational structures ,HR policies, procedures and guidelines are in place, align with the organisation’s overall strategic objectives and are implemented appropriately at the BRAC International countries and in Head Office. This position is reportable to the Head of HR of BRAC International and work closely with HR teams in BRAC International countries and Compensation & Benefit team in BRAC Bangladesh HR. Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following -
· Partner with third party vendors and BRAC International country HR team in conducting market and trend analysis through salary survey input and market research on an annual and ad hoc basis and accordingly review BRAC International Countries’ salary structure, compensations and benefit programs for the expatriates and employees in BRAC International countries.
· Assist and guide BRAC International HR teams in Implementing and administering employee benefit programmes.
· Prepare compensation proposals for expatriates, Country Representatives and all head office hires.
· Review existing compensation and benefit policies and make proposal for improvement as necessary for BRAC International expatriates and Head Office employees, coordinate with BRAC International country HR teams for changing policies, implementing new policies and guidelines as appropriate for the BI countries.
· Ensure review and update of Human Resources Policy and Procedure in BRAC International Countries in accordance with labor law and practices of other organisation in the relevant industry.
· Implement and ensure maintenance of job evaluation and grading system in BI Head office and BI countries.
· Conduct periodical assessment / survey on employee job satisfaction or engagement as per organisation’s need and follow up on action taken based on the findings and measure impact.
At least graduate in Human Resource Management from an accredited university.
· Knowledge of organisational reward strategy and relevant legislation
· Knowledge of a wide range of compensation and benefits
· Familiar with job analysis process and Hay job evaluation method
· Excellent organisational, planning and analytical skills as well as attention to detail
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with and administer large volumes of detailed information
· Competent in working in a multicultural environment and demonstrate respect for others’ culture and ability to collaborate effectively with global teams
· Proficient in Microsoft office including excel, PowerPoint, word, access, internet, email, social media and other technology-based communication
· At least 5 Years’ experience in the field of HR
· At least 3 years’ experience as a Compensation and Benefits Manager or similar role
· Proven record of exercising good judgment and professionalism in a fast paced and intense working environment
Employment type: Regular/ Contractual
Job Location: BRAC International, Head Office, Dhaka
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
External candidates need to email their CV with a letter of interest mentioning educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com
Internal candidates need to apply with their latest CV including all job assignments in detail with BRAC PIN and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the name of the position and AD# BI 14/19 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline: 20 May 2019
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share the same commitment. We believe every stakeholder and every member of the communities we work with has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation - regardless of age, race, religion, and gender, status as an individual with a disability or ethnic origin. Therefore, our recruitment policy and procedure include extensive background checks and disclosure of criminal records in order to ensure safeguarding to the fullest extent.
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer **