Cash Distribution Supervisor-Eyl Puntland
Action Contre la Faim (Action Against Hunger) has been conducting humanitarian programs in Somalia since May 1992. Currently, AAH is conducting its humanitarian activities in Somalia focused on treating and preventing malnutrition, increasing access to clean water and appropriate sanitation, strengthening the food-security, livelihoods and thus boosting the resilience of communities in Somalia as well as emergency response via program bases in Somalia.
The Positions and responsibilities:
AAH Somalia is looking for two (2) suitable Somali candidates to fill the position of Cash Distribution Supervisor. The position will be based in Eyl-Puntland-Somalia. The incumbent reports to the Food Security and Livelihood Program Manager-Eyl Puntland-Somalia.
The Cash Distribution Supervisor will support and coordinate the management of acute malnutrition , maternal and child health activities in Yeed
The Cash Distribution Supervisor's core responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
Objective 1: Implement the Cash Grant project:
- Ensure the project implementation as defined by the FSL Program Manager
- Provide weekly and monthly activity plans and ensure its full implementation
- Define implementation modalities (identification and registration of beneficiaries, distribution, monitoring, etc.);
- Ensure beneficiaries registration and the establishment of beneficiaries registers
- Identify the needs of the most vulnerable populations;
- Apply all the follow-up tools and project monitoring
- Ensure the project progress and write up daily report to the FSL Program Manager
- Suggest solution or improvement for a better project run;
- Coordinate activities and increase the local authorities and other stakeholders awareness on AAH program;
- Act as a link between the different food security actors and inform them of the outcome of the evaluation.
- Represent the organization at cluster/ Coordination meetings within the project area/district
- In liaison with the VRCs, ensure communities are well aware of the AAH activities, the selection of the beneficiaries and the follow up process are well understood
- In liaison with the Hawala agent, ensure the beneficiaries receive their right entitlement in each cycle
- Ensure the village relief committees are regularly visited and they provide regular feedback from the community and the beneficiaries.
- Supervise the beneficiary registration of drought-affected households in the identified villages.
- Ensure proper supervision during the distributions.
- Ensure close contacts with the community elders and local authorities in the operation areas.
Objective 2: Participate at the analysis and Project redirection:
- Participate at every Food Security meetings;
- Analyse and capitalize experiences and share them with the FSL Program Manager.
- Propose new orientation for the project.
Objective 3: supervise the team:
- Mentor/train the team members ;
- Plan and coordinate the team’s activities;
- Identify the training needs ;
- Carry out appraisals of the team members
- Diploma in Social Studies or Community Development
- 3 years’ work experience in a CBT programs/projects within a local/international organizations in Eyl district or relevant districts.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to work under challenging environment.
- Must have experience of working with EYL district villages
- Must have ability to integrate with the community while being sensitive to them
- Have an Analytical capacity
- Ability to organize and supervise the work of the team,
- Experience in problems solving linked to humanitarian crises
- Computer knowledge
- Good knowledge of English (read, written and spoken)
Applications, should include a CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
email@example.com not later than 29th April 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. Cash Distribution Supervisor-Eyl Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
This position is open to Somalia nationals