Consultancy_ Application Support Specialist
The Application Support Specialist at the IRC will provide timely support for Microsoft Teams at the IRC. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well in a diverse, multicultural environment. The candidate should also have a sense of ownership over the application and should ensure smooth daily operation of the system.
The IRC is deploying Microsoft Teams as its global, internal communications and collaboration tool. Teams is a communications platform that provides organizations with workplace chat, video meetings, audio calls, and file sharing. Teams integrates with Microsoft Office 365 for seamless access within Office products like Outlook.
This is a temporary position with a fixed end date of September 30, 2019.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide timely L1 and L2 support in troubleshooting and resolving Microsoft Teams issues for IRC Users.
• Under the direction of the Application Support Manager, provide guidance to global IT staff on how to respond to and escalate L1 MS Teams incidents.
• Collaborate with IRC Users to gather feedback and understand the arising needs on the use of Microsoft Teams and communicate this information to the relevant stakeholders.
• Facilitate webinars, in-person meetings and tele-conferences to train and support Microsoft Teams users across the organization.
• Build and maintain a knowledge base and technical documentation of commonly encountered issues with the use of Microsoft Teams including but not limited to Quick Resource Guides, Troubleshooting tips and functionality of Microsoft Teams.
• Report on and analyze incident trends of Microsoft Teams across different regions and different user groups within the organization i.e Africa, Asia, Middle East and U.S. Programs
• Escalation of Microsoft Teams issues to the required support groups, Business System Managers, Vendor Partners or Enterprise Technology Experts
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Application Support Manager
Position directly supervises: Non-managerial position
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: MS Teams Business Systems Manager, IT Training Team, Application users
External: Software and system vendors, including Microsoft
• Minimum 3 years of IT and business/industry work specializing in support of Microsoft Products
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong sense of customer service
• Works well with others in an integrated team environment
• Fast and independent learner
• Intercultural competence
• Self-motivated and a problem solver
• Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in Microsoft Office 2013 and Office 365
• A sense of personal ownership of the applications, and the drive to keep customers well satisfied with the level of support they receive
Preferred Additional Qualifications
• Knowledge of French is a plus
• Experience in supporting other Enterprise collaboration tools such as WebEx, Skype, Slack
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Knowledge of Agile development methodology a plus
• Experience with ServiceNow as an incident management tool a plus
• The position is expected to be on-site; one opening in Nairobi, Kenya
• Standard office work environment
Applications to be submitted on: https://rescue.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=1&c=rescue&i...