CAPACITY STRENGTHENING AND LEARNING HUBS MANAGER
At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE seeks a passionate, motivated and a highly innovative, Capacity Strengthening and Learning Hubs Manager (CSLH) to manage CARE’s Capacity Strengthening of Civil Society Organisations Project in Five states in East and South Darfur, South and West Kordofan and Kassala states. The project aims to enhance the institutional capacity of civil society organizations including their skills and knowledge to mainstream gender, protection and accountability across their work; strengthen capacity of the targeted civil society organisations to set a functioning systems of accountability to their program participants. This position is based in Nayala, Sudan.
Reporting to the Director of Program, The CSLH will be responsible for the design and provide innovative and comprehensive package of capacity development activities that support the technical and institutional development of partners on this project. S/he will lead CARE’s Thought Leadership and contribution to institutional strengthening of civil society organizations (CSOs) and must ensure that such activities are implemented in compliance with all donor, CARE, and project-specific policies; ensure a strong and meaningful engagement of project with a wide range of networks of civil society organizations, INGOs, UN agencies, Donors and private sectors to take forward the objectives of the project; conduct technical and organizational capacity assessments (TOCA), network analysis (ONA), Organizational Performance Index (OPI), Institutional Maturity Indexing (IMI) with civil society partners across the five states; develop materials and processes for specific areas/topics identified as needed for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring and coaching of partners, peer learning and other innovative methodologies; coordinate with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of activities planning, monitoring, and implementation ; contribute to the development of annual work plans, performance monitoring systems and tools, and writing of program reports.
• Overall responsibility for a coordinated and planned implementation, measurement, monitoring and reporting of the project and other assigned tasks
• Communicate with other program managers and advisors to ensure synergy, mobilize support and cross fertilize learnings
• Contribute to development of new programs and to preparation of proposals and budgets for similar interventions and scaling up to other States in Sudan
• Create capacity strengthening and learning Hubs at national and states level and equip them with all needed support
• Ensure flexibility and high quality of the capacity development support provided to the partners
• Lead in program monitoring, evaluating, learning and periodic reporting related to capacity building
• Develop monitoring and evaluation tools for training and capacity building activities in consultation with MEAL department
• Provide regular reports in line with the project agreement and work plan to the Program Manager and contribute to develop donor reports
• Support CSOs engagement in advocacy, implementation of programs and leadership
• Be aware of CARE’s commitments to Gender and Diversity, PSEA and strive to uphold them
• Master’s degree in International Development, organizational development, business or public management or related field.
• At least 8 years’ experience managing/filling a senior technical position involving capacity building of civil society organisations, advocacy, networking, establishing Hubs and similar platforms for multi stakeholders engagement
• Ability to think out of box and be very innovative in designing new methods and ways to strengthen institutional capacity strengthening of civil society organisations
• Excellent grasp of participatory capacity building methodologies
• Managing relations by being sensitive to cultural differences and responding appropriately to different situations
• Excellent facilitation and training skills
• Demonstrated experience in providing capacity building assistance and creating capacity strengthening and learning hubs and platforms for multi stakeholders engagement
• Strong planning and inter-cultural communication skills required
• Proficiency with activities, theories, methods and technology in capacity development field
• Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability and the ability to perform and collaborate under challenging conditions
• Excellent oral and written English skills
• Knowledge of Arabic is an asset
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU...
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click *here.***
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.