Deputy Chief of Party
Counterpart International is currently seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to support the anticipated *Kyrgyz Republic Deepening Linkages in Civic Participation Activity**,* which seeks to enable horizontal and vertical networks of individuals and organizations to advocate for and bring about change across issues that resonate with local communities and increase government responsiveness and accountability in the Kyrgyz Republic. This is a full-time position.
The DCOP will oversee implementation, logistics, and management of sub-awardees and build government relations. Serves as acting COP when needed. This position requires senior management experience.
· Relevant degree in a related field;
· Minimum of 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in international development;
· Demonstrated experience in managing international development programs including experience in civil society strengthening, policy advocacy, and/or local governance;
· Advanced educational background and knowledge relevant for similar projects in developing countries;
· Strong leadership, administrative, management, presentation, reporting, and communication skills and the ability to implement projects with diverse subject matter;
· Demonstrated ability to research and analyze state policies and legislation and make recommendations for improvement to relevant stakeholders;
· Ability to coordinate with USG and other donor programs on media and seek synergies and complementarities to maximize results;
· Ability to perform at a high level and apply diplomacy skills with a wide range of stakeholders (i.e. national, provincial, district and local government officials, private sector, NGOs, and beneficiaries);
· Experience integrating gender equality and women’s empowerment issues within civic organizing and civil society strengthening initiatives highly preferred;
· Experience working on civil society activities in Central Asia or the former Soviet Union is strongly preferred;
· Previous experience managing USAID-funded programs highly preferred;
· Demonstrated experience in working effectively in advanced, complex, politically sensitive activities highly preferred;
· Experience with adaptive management approaches highly preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
· Prior experience working in official languages in the Kyrgyz Republic (Russian and Kyrgyz) required.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.