arche noVa - Initiative for People in Need e.V. is an international aid organization with a focus on humanitarian and transitional assistance, as well as development cooperation in the WASH and disaster risk reduction sector.
The organization is located in Dresden, Germany, and is a member of the Coordinating Committee of the Federal Foreign Office, VENRO, the German WASH network, the Saxony Development Policy Network (ENS) and the Paritätische Wohlfahrtsverband of "Aktion Deutschland Hilft".
At our office in Dresden, Germany, we are currently looking for a:
The position is to be filled at the earliest possible time for a duration of two years, an extension is possible.
· Revise the concept and structure for emergency response deployments in accordance with the organization’s vision and mission
· Carry out activities related to effective and timely procurement; management of warehouses, assets, and premises; fleet management; as well as business travel both domestically and abroad, in accordance with applicable policies, regulations and processes
· Revise and implement the organization’s logistics functions to strengthen capacities and processes in country offices and partner organizations, as well as the emergency response team
· Ensure the development and application of anti-corruption procedures
· Initiate and manage necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers in Germany and abroad
· Train employees with logistical responsibilities at HQ and in country structures
· Establish contacts and networks with key players at global and regional level, and participate in regional working groups / clusters for logistics
· Support the establishment of an efficient and effective supply chain, including the development and maintenance of a database of relevant suppliers and prices for required goods and services
· Support the program teams in the development of procurement plans
· Further develop processes and report templates according to relevant guidelines and regulations
· Relevant degree in a specific field of study (e.g. logistics / procurement / purchasing / supply chain management, ...)
· At least 5 years of practical experience in the field of logistics in international humanitarian and/or transitional assistance
· Solid field experience, including in remote and/or high security locations
· Very good communication skills
- Fluent in English and very good in German language
· Knowledge, experience and training in WASH, disaster preparedness and response, rural development and/or quality management advantageous
· Motivated, proactive team member with high frustration tolerance
· Willingness to travel to field locations
· Opportunity to implement your own ideas and to bring in experiences
· Working with a highly motivated team dedicated to improving the lives of people in need
· Possibilities for further personal and professional development
· Possibility to balance work and life through flexible working hours and home office
· Beautiful and city and surroundings
We pay a salary in accordance with an established salary system. People with a migration background and severely handicapped people are given preferential treatment if they are of the same suitability and ability. arche noVa e.V. promotes equality and a non-discriminatory environment.
Please send your application documents (cover letter and CV - in German or English, references) as well as your salary expectations by e-mail using the subject line "Logistician" (max size 5 MB) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please answer in your cover letter the following questions:
- Do you have minimum five years of experience as Logistican in the context of international humanitarian and/or transitional assistance?
- Are you fluent in English and do you have very good German language knowledge?
- Is it possible for you to move to Dresden, Germany, and live here for the next years?
If you have any questions, please contact Ms Pretsch via e-mail email@example.com.
Further information can be found at www.arche-nova.org