Senior Donor Partnership Executive
GOAL’s Global Funding and Business Development Team is growing and we are looking for a passionate and result driven individual to join the organisation. If you have experience developing partnerships with the EU and major European donors and are looking for a new challenge, the Senior Donor Partnership Executive role might be just what you are looking for!
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years ‘experience in the development sector, a number of which demonstrates a continued progress of business development
- Knowledge and understanding of European Institutions and European donors funding mechanisms and priorities
- Solid experience in representation and excellent communications skills
- Evidence of devising and implementing resource mobilisation strategies
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice, to GOAL’s operational locations
You will support an ambitious funding strategy that seeks to develop existing and build more strategic partnerships with bilateral and multilateral donor agencies within the European market. These partnerships will include institutional donors along with trusts, foundations and alternative donors.
The key responsibilities of the role will be:
- Lead representation as part of GOAL’s engagement strategy with EU.
- Lead strategy development and implementation of relationships and funding opportunities with German, Dutch, Swedish and Nordic institutions and other global donors.
- Monitor at a high level achievement of programme objectives on high value or key strategic grants supported by specific partners, in coordination with internal stakeholders
- Support the identification of, and analyse, new business opportunities and proactively network with the NGO and donor community, seeking innovative partnerships
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.