At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
Since August 2017, the heavy influx of Myanmar Nationals in Cox’s Bazar requires emergency response in accordance with CARE’s humanitarian mandate. Since then CARE is responding in the targeted locations involving humanitarian partners both in the refugee camps and host communities.
The purpose of the role: To efficiently and effectively manage the implementation, expansion and strategic development of the WASH programmes in line with CARE’s organizational strategies, policies and procedures in refugee camps as well as in host communities in Cox’s Bazar district. The WASH Program Coordinator will lead design, coordinate, manage, and supervise quality and timely implementation of WASH projects.
CARE is recruiting WASH Program Coordinator for the position for its refugee response operations in Cox’s Bazar including the host communities. The role will lead on a) designing of WASH response mechanisms based on the assessment/analysis of WASH situations of households and communities, b) working with team members, c) provide inputs for project proposals and compile regular action plans and quality program reports, d) coordination with relevant stakeholders and WASH actors (UN agencies, INGOs, government agencies, etc.), e) maintain CARE position as leading agency for the WASH response, f) providing, technical staff to field staff and partners, designs and rolls out capacity building on WASH g) and oversees strategic management and successful program implementation ensuring program quality according to CARE standards and incorporating learnings into the programmatic cycle. Reporting to the Program Director, the WASH Program Coordinator will be based in Cox’s Bazar district and lead the field based team and in collaboration with CARE partners staff and volunteers.
- Provide leadership and management to WASH Sector for successful project implementation and supervise appropriate problem solving measures to keep projects on track.
- Ensure adherence to CARE International as well as global standards in terms of quality in CARE’s response
- Accountable for quality of WASH work and WASH technical inputs to CARE partner NGO field teams.
- Ensure that gender, disability, child protection are systematically mainstreamed in CARE’s programming.
- Oversee and ensure CARE donor compliance requirement and reports are prepared on a regular basis as per donor/organization requirements.
- Work closely with MEAL team on the development of WASH MEAL framework to ensure quality activity and impact monitoring
- Together with the SECTOR Lead oversees the project cycle management and budget management of WASH projects. Prepare and oversee the implementation process of WASH projects to ensure timely and quality delivery of program activities.
- Support the Sector Lead in procurement of WASH related items.
- Ensure team coordination in the field, organize periodic meetings and staff and partner NGOs for quality delivery of WASH project as well as team building.
- Ensure coordination and positioning of CARE in the WASH Cluster
- Design WASH response mechanisms based on concrete analyses
- Human Resources, Finance and Administration
- Third level university qualification in water, sanitation and hygiene related discipline. Preferably with strong background and experience in WASH and Gender integration as well as hygiene promotion’s behavioral changed techniques (BCT).
- Experience working in water, sanitation sector
- At least 5 years overseas experience with an INGO managing staff and related programmes
- Ability to develop and write good quality proposals, reports and other essential papers in English
- Good command of procurement regulations and practice
- Experience developing and conducting training and capacity building of staff and partners
- Experience of representation at senior level (Clusters, Coordination meetings, government agencies)
- Good interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Power-point presentation
- Training of Trainer skills, participatory skills
- Experience of working in Bangladesh, refugee camps and development settings or similar context desired
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU...
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click *here.*
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.