Field Coordinator - Azraq
Based in Azraq, Jordan.
Jordan ACF country office is a dynamic mission with large scale WaSH and Livelihoods projects being implemented in host communities and refugees camp. A recent program on Mental Health has started last year and a new base is being opened in Madaba Governorate to implement a new type of project on soil erosion, encompassing both WaSH and FSL sectors.
The country strategy combines emergency and development projects to address needs of Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanian with a holistic approach. With a team of 12 international employees and more than 130 national colleagues, Action Against Hunger Jordan office manages a portfolio of projects for more than 9 million €, in response to the Syria crisis in Northern, Eastern and now Center Jordan. The donors range vary from institutional funds (UNICEF / MADAD) to bilateral agreements (AFD / GIZ / SDC / ICDF). To support the three operational bases and the coordination office which is based in Amman.
In Azraq camp, Action Against Hunger is the major WaSH actor addressing the needs of 35,000 individuals; in host community, we are supporting the Municipality in enhancing Solid Waste Management. Azraq base is composed of 24 national employees, the project in camp is being downsized with reduction through phases in March and June; however, the project in town is expanding.
Jordan is considered as a stable country where security conditions enable a safe implementation of the projects.
You ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area, in line with ACF strategy, values and policies.
More precisely your missions are:
- · Oversee the implementation of current projects in the area of intervention
- · Outline possible new areas of intervention based on assessments and develop program strategy
- · Drive and support team for quality approach and efficient implementation
- · Ensure compliance with organizational, donors and local rules and procedures
- · Ensure Safety/Security of ACF personnel and assets
- · You hold a master’s degree or equivalent in humanities, business administration, development studies, or related field
Type of professional experience requested:
- · You have at least 5 years of professional experience in implementation or support humanitarian/early recovery/development operations
- · You have at least 3 years of experience in managing individuals and teams for success
- · You are experienced with representation and negotiation with both donors and local authorities, and communities engagement
- · If you have an Action Against Hunger experience, it will be considered as a plus but not mandatory
- · You are fluent in English (oral & written)
- · If you are able to speak Arabic, it will be considered as a plus
Technical Recruitment criteria:
- · You have extensive knowledge and understanding in Project Cycle management
- · You have knowledge of standard logistics, financial and HR procedures and practices
- · You are able to monitor and manage the security
- · You have strong computer literacy, including ability to work with Microsoft Office
- · You have excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking, leadership and communication skills
- · You have a high capacity of work, challenge-seeker with high degree of flexibility and autonomy
- · You demonstrate integrity, diplomacy, enthusiasm and professionalism
- · You have firm understanding of ‘Do No Harm’ approach
- · You demonstrate understanding, willingness, and capacities to commit to, comply with, implement, and promote gender, age, and diversity principles and policies
Manager’s words to candidate: “If you enjoy taking up challenges, join the team!.”
Starting date: 09/05/2019
Contract:*7,5 months fixed term contract under French legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: €642 (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage:100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance. Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- Break Frequency flexible. Coverage of the transportation expenses to the reference zone (TURKEY)
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
To apply, please visit our website: http://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/positions/view/3988/A-Field-Co...