A NUTRITION & HEALTH COORDINATOR - NIGERIA
We are looking for:
A NUTRITION & HEALTH COORDINATOR
Country: NIGERIA - Maiduguri
Length of Contract: 12 Months starting as soon as possible**
The Position: Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director Technical Unit, you will be responsible to define the strategies and coordinate activities of Action Contre la Faim (ACF) in the fields of Nutrition and Health. More precisely, you will in charge to:**
Design, develop and evaluate actions in the field of nutrition & health
- Drawing up new proposals for intervention in medical and nutritional programs areas (nutrition & health in emergency and capacity building link with development) for submission to funding bodies
- Assess and analyze the prevailing context of nutrition & health in the country
- Engage and develop in teamwork with other technical areas an integrated multi-sectoral approach
- Encourage his/her teams to identify new programs
- Develop an ACF health & nutrition strategy specific to the mission and advocacy actions.
Monitor and coordinate programs in the fields of nutrition & health
- Supervise or conduct nutrition rapid assessments and/or nutritional surveys
- Develop integrated (inter-disciplinary) approach programs
- Collect and analyze data, including the decisions making on this basis
- Provide timely and high quality activity reports
- Monitoring all the consolidated programs budgets relating to nutrition & health allocated to the country
Manage the Nutrition & Health team in capital and bring technical support to the Nutrition & Health Program Managers
- Evaluate of the technical performance and skills of Programs Managers
- Develop the technical skills of Nutrition & Health teams
Develop and launch programs in collaboration with governmental, UN, international and local agencies
- Disseminate ACF’s nutrition & health strategy at country level to partners and funding bodies
- Develop and maintain a network of harmonious and productive relationships with national representatives and program partners
- Coordinate at national level with BPHS IP partners in the provinces where ACF has activities
- Influence the definition of national protocols through participation at working groups and negotiation with representatives of partners structures
Represent ACF and its positioning in the field of nutrition & health
- Represent ACF in dealings with national and international authorities on matters of nutrition & health
- Make national and international authorities fully aware of the ACF positions and protocols
The Applicant: You hold a Master degree in Public Health, Medicine or Nursing with 5 years minimum of professional experiences and 2 years prior experience in Nutrition & Health. You are recognized for your technical expertise in nutrition & health programming and experience in project cycle management, and analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy.
You have a strong ability to provide technical support in project proposal development and in conducting needs assessments. You have as well strong skills in capacity-building development, training and coaching.
Excellent diplomacy, negotiation and representation skills (nutrition & health cluster mechanisms) are required thus team management experience.
A proven capacity to work in a complicated security environment is required.
Your English is fluent (spoken and written).
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under french legislation
Remuneration and benefits:
· Monthly gross salary from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
· Per diem and living allowance: 539€ net, field paid.
· + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
· + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
· + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
· Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
· Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage:** 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:**
· 25 days of paid leaves per year.
· + 20 RnR per year.
· + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 12 weeks).
· Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
· Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
· Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
· Intermission Workshop once a year.
To apply, please visit our website:
Join us on Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/1334237/