Regional Operations Manager Consultancy, South Sudan
The Carter Center assists the Ministry of Health - Republic of South Sudan by providing technical, logistical, and administrative support to the Guinea worm eradication and trachoma control programs. The Regional Operations Manager will provide a full range of logistical and program support services to The Carter Center supported health programs in South Sudan.
Areas of operation will be at a Hub Office covering a region of South Sudan or the Juba Hub. Assigned area is allocated based on the needs of the programme.
This position, under the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Manager, includes - but is not limited to - the following responsibilities:
- Supervise and monitor the operational, transportation, procurement, and financial management of TCC-supported programs by providing direct, day-to-day management and oversight of assigned areas.
- Supervise supply chain operations: receive supplies into the hub, process orders from sub-offices, ship supplies to sub-offices, and order supplies through Juba hub according to TCC guidelines.
- Supervise hub staff
- Verify that TCC assets, materials, supplies and financial resources are being used in an honest and transparent fashion. Ensure TCC-supported programs maintain accurate inventories of all physical resources.
- Assist with annual and sub-annual shipping plans for supplying all sub-offices in the area-of-responsibility with all needed resources.
- Along with the Senior Operations Manager, assist in needs forecasting and procurement planning on an annual basis Represent the organization to various actors including but not limited to government authorities, suppliers and NGO forums.
- Though overall supervision is provided by the Finance Manager based in Juba, ensure adherence of hub financial operations to applicable standard operational procedures.
- Advise the financial managers on monthly field and office expenditures.
- Though overall supervision of drivers and vehicles is provided by the Transport Manager based in Juba, directly supervise hub transport staff and coordinate regional vehicle repairs and maintenance.
- Prepare and submit weekly reports to the Senior Operations Manager.
- Ensure a safe, respectful, efficient, effective, and clean work place while building a sense of team by giving all staff the opportunity to grow professionally and utilize their skills and experience.
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
a) Two years of progressive experience in logistics/ operations capacity
b) University degree level education, or proven work experience
c) At least two years supervisory experience
d) Fluency in English
e) Able to work calmly under pressure, meet deadlines, maintain confidentiality of information, and foster teamwork
Applicants desiring consideration for this post should submit the following:
a) Application letter, identifying the position you are applying for
b) Current CV
c) List of reference names and up-to-date contact information
The Carter Center is a non-smoking work environment. Applications from women are encouraged.
To apply, please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line must include: Application Regional Operations Manager Position. All documents must be in Microsoft word or PDF format. In the body of the e-mail, please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Only candidates qualifying for the initial short list will be contacted.