Team Lead, Midterm Evaluation of the Gomal Zam Dam Command Area Development Project (GZD-CADP)
Team Lead, Midterm Evaluation of the Gomal Zam Dam Command Area Development Project (GZD-CADP), Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI is seeking a team lead for a midterm evaluation of the Gomal Zam Dam Command Area Development Project (GZD-CADP). The project is a $34 million USAID-funded government-to-government (G2G) project designed to improve water use efficiency and agricultural productivity on 191,000 acres of irrigated land in the Gomal Zam Dam command area through integrated development of on-farm water management, productivity enhancement, introduction of high value crops and livestock, processing, and effective marketing. The evaluation will examine the design and management of the project with the objective of identifying issues for USAID to consider for future G2G projects. The evaluation will also explore the project's contribution to achieving its development objectives.
The assignment team will include a team lead, subject matter experts, local researchers, and other support staff as necessary. The team lead will manage the activities of the team, drawing on the strengths of individual team members, to produce the best possible research report.
The evaluation will begin on or about March 25, 2019 and conclude on or about the end of June 2019. The anticipated level of effort for the team lead is approximately 65-70 days.
In collaboration with MSI staff and team members, the team leader will be responsible for performing the following duties:
- Guide and conduct a detailed literature review on the subject;
- Refine the research design and leading a two-week team planning workshop;
- Develop data collection instruments, a data collection plan, and a data analysis plan;
- Brief USAID staff prior to beginning fieldwork;
- Guide the fieldwork (some of it remotely), e.g., key informant and group interviews and surveys, and ensuring the quality of the information collected;
- Conduct interviews with project stakeholders;
- Assign and reviewing the work of assignment team members and ensuring the quality of interim work products;
- Guide the qualitative and quantitative data analysis;
- Present results to USAID; and
- Write the evaluation report and briefing papers.
- At least a master's degree in agricultural economics, social science, or other relevant field and at least 10 years of professional experience.
- Demonstrated social science research skills and fluency in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Experience leading evaluation teams.
- Familiarity with G2G programming and agriculture preferred, especially in the context of Pakistan.
- Familiarity with USAID and USAID assessment and evaluation policy.
- Excellent communication skills, especially in written and spoken English.
- Ability/willingness to conduct fieldwork.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.