Information Management Officer
- Contract type: Full-time consultant
- Base: MECS office in Turkey
- Reporting to: IMU Manager
Middle East Consulting Solutions (MECS) is a consultancy firm registered in Gaziantep, Turkey. It is a hub of highly skilled experts with proven track records who are dedicated to providing services and contributing to improving the quality and effectiveness of the humanitarian and development sectors in the Middle East and North Africa.
The Information Management Officer is a key function of MECS Information Management Unit (IMU), to support the management of online data and workflow, development of data collection tools, database elaboration, and archiving. The position is requested to be based in Gaziantep HQs – Turkey. Exceptionally, partial home-based work (>30%) could be object of negotiation with candidates holding specific needs.
Information management (70%)
- Support the development of data forms, tools, and databases for capturing the information flow of multiple MECS services;
- Coordinate the design and maintenance of web-based platforms for data and information management;
- Review data collection tools and forms for inconsistencies and logic errors;
- Supervise data entry service provision, ensuring data meets high quality standards;
- Perform data cleaning and data validation, and systematically check, capture, and report data quality issues;
- Punctually enable storage of all data on MECS local and regional storage spaces;
Workflow support (30%)
- Collaborate with the Information Management Unit for the planning of the field data collection workplan, through appropriate methodologies;
- Contribute to monitor data collection activities and progress of fieldwork for specific areas of responsibility;
- Provide constant capacity building efforts to enhance field team skills in mastering the usage of Kobo and Excel;
- Contribute to the definition of the field training curriculum to reduce data submission mistakes;
- Arabic speaker (mandatory) with fluent English skills (C1 or above), both oral and written;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position, preferably within a consultancy or an INGO;
- Proven professional experience to conceptualize, develop, plan, and track progress of remote data collection services;
- Computer skills, especially elaboration and management of databases with Excel.
- Full command of VB, Kobo, and Access;
- Experienced with management of online data management platforms, clouds, and storage applications;
- Multi-tasking attitude, strong organizational skills and resilience to cope with pressures;
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Statistics, Data Analysis, or equivalent in relevant field;
- The candidate must be residing in Turkey;
Interested candidates are kindly invited to submit their applications in English, including the following:
- Updated resume
- Cover letter
- Three relevant references
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning ‘IMO application’ in the subject line, before March 1st, 2019.
Only duly compiled and complete applications will be considered. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.