Humanitarian Access and Community Protection Manager - CAR
NRC is looking for a Humanitarian Access and Community Protection Manager in Dekoa, Central African Republic.
NRC initiated country operations in CAR in 2014, in order to respond to the critical and increasing needs in the country. The programme portfolio includes all five core competencies of NRC. ICLA (Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance), Food Security, WASH, Shelter and Education, as well as Protection and Community Based Planning programmes.
NRC is currently operating in four field offices: Berberati in the South West, Dekoa in the Centre West, Ndele in the north as well as the capital office in Bangui.
The Humanitarian Access and Community Protection Manager will report to the Area Manager.
- Line management for Humanitarian Access staff and Community Protection staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures;
- Develop an Access and Community Protection strategy and work plans for NRC CAR;
- Technical support to the implementation of Access and Community Protection work plans;
- Support the CC and M&E departments with developing minimum standards and tools for monitoring in hard to Access and Community Protection areas;
- Define and Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of Access components and Community protection projects;
- Provide regular reports on relevant context shifts and conflict trend analysis.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills;
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders;
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level analyst position in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical expertise on humanitarian access;
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Knowledge of the context in CAR;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with non-government stakeholders.
- Strategic thinking
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: March 2019
- Duration: 8 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Grade: 8 in NRC's grade structure.
- Duty station: Dekoa, with 65% travels
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location