DMEL Manager (Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning)
ARK Group DMCC is a stabilisation, development and conflict transformation consultancy that provides research-informed analysis and policy recommendations, as well as evidence-based interventions, in conflict-affected areas from the Palestinian camps of Lebanon and Yemen to Iraq and Syria on behalf of public and private sector clients. Working with and through local communities, we seek to understand and then mitigate the negative effects of conflict and instability to enhance community safety and promote human security, development and economic opportunity.
For the past five years ARK has been at the forefront of the regional response to the Syrian conflict. Working for governmental donors, ARK has supported conflict-affected communities on the ground. Programmes have included sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) responses and launching the programme of life-saving support to Syria’s Civil Defence teams. We have a highly dynamic, capable, multinational team with offices in Dubai, Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, London and Washington DC.
ARK seeks an experienced and dynamic Design, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (DMEL) Manager to lead project M&E across ARK’s portfolio of programming in Lebanon.
- Lead Lebanon Country Team implementation team in the development and implementation of innovative monitoring and evaluation of ARK work.
- Lead project design activities including the development of project theories of change and strategic frameworks (Logical Frameworks) and associated indicators and targets.
- Develop M&E plans and tools, implement, and train others in their use.
- Assure high quality and reliable data collection, both by conducting and commissioning primary research.
- Monitor project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results and regularly brief Country Manager and Project Managers, including identification of areas where work is underperforming.
- Work with data platforms, databases and select technologies to capture and organise data.
- Determine and deploy quantitative and qualitative data analysis procedures.
- Develop, in coordination with other team members monthly, quarterly and annual reports depending on project requirements.
- Disseminate evaluation findings and project results to donors and other stakeholders as agreed with ARK management
- Conduct programme analysis or special studies as requested
- Contribute to institutional learning processes
- Manage project DMEL staff, ensuring timely delivery of key tasks and professional development
- Five years progressively responsible M&E experience in a development/stabilisation setting
- Proven successful performance in complex/conflict settings
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the context in MENA, particularly the Levant
- Demonstrated experience managing/developing M&E systems for major donors
- Advanced degree in relevant field
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methods and proven analytical skills
- Strong commitment to values of data-based decision making, transparency, methodological rigor and programme learning
- Fluent Arabic and English language skills
Please apply via our careers page - https://workable.com/j/20051E1554