FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
CARDO Sierra Leone is looking for individuals hoping to gain valuable experience in the development sector by undertaking an international volunteering role in fundraising. This role is aimed at those with an interest in fund raising for any of our specific causes ranging from our child sponsorship, education, advocacy, girl’s empowerment and teacher training program.
As a local NGO, we have challenges in funding to advance our causes so that we can meet more targets.
CARDO Sierra Leone is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in Sierra Leone by giving them the chance to go to school CARDO Sierra Leone is currently seeking to expand and advance a series of projects in Sierra Leone which intend to provide children the opportunity to access education. This placement is a unique opportunity to make a critical contribution to an organization that is setting up and scaling its efforts within various communities in rural and urban Sierra Leone.
Raised funds for any of our causes
Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for the organization.
May design and produce promotional materials
Also raise awareness of the organization’s work, goals and financial needs.
fundraiser can raise funds for any of the below
focuses on providing sustainable solutions to allow underprivileged children gain a solid foundation and the tools needed to advance in their communities through access to a safe education.
At CARDO, we conduct advocacy on a variety of levels to encourage decision makers to value, protect and advance the worth and rights of children especially in the remote rural communities of Sierra Leone.
Our direct work with children addresses a wide range of child protection issues, including combating the harmful practices of child
labor; unnecessary institutionalization; violence in schools, homes and communities; corporal punishment; child marriage; among others as all this can be achieved through the enhancement and empowerment of education as when Children are in School prevents them from taking part in most of these bad practices.
We source and place volunteers for work on child development projects aimed at empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school.
THE AMBASSADORS PROGRAMME
The Ambassadors Programme is CARDO’s general volunteering Programme designed for professionals, graduates and students willing to donate their precious and valuable time and skills to empower West African children through education. If you are a qualified and experienced teacher you can join the CARDO Teacher Training Programme in directly supporting teacher development in Sierra Leone.
In Sierra Leone, there will be time to explore and visit our projects, get involved in hands-on education work with teachers and children, travel to some of the remotest parts of Sierra Leone and to meet other teachers, interact with school children who are keen to develop and share resources with Children.
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Fundraiser"
1) Develop corporate fundraising programs, such as employer gift-matching.
2) Monitor progress of fundraising drives.
3) Compile or develop materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
4) Develop and maintain media contact lists.
5) Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
6) Recruit sponsors, participants, or volunteers for fundraising events.
7) Direct or supervise fundraising staff, including volunteer staff members.
8) Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
9) Prepare materials for charitable events, such as fundraising envelopes, bid sheets, or gift bags.
10) Create or update donor databases.
11) Establish fundraising or participation goals for special events or specified time periods.
12) Explain the tax advantages of contributions to potential donors.
13) Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
14) Monitor budgets, expense reports, or other financial data for organization.
15) Attend community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals or solicit donations or sponsorships.
16) Contact corporate representatives, government officials, or community leaders to increase awareness of organizational causes, activities, or needs.
17) Design or produce materials such as posters, Web sites, or newsletters to promote, market, or advertise fundraising events.
18) Develop fundraising activity plans that maximize participation or contributions and minimize costs.
19) Develop or implement fundraising activities, such as annual giving campaigns or direct mail programs.
20) Direct or coordinate web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions or donation Web sites.
21) Plan and direct special events for fundraising, such as silent auctions, dances, golf events, or walks.
22) Solicit cash or in-kind donations or sponsorships from individual, business, or government donors.
23) Write speeches, press releases, or other promotional materials to increase awareness of the causes, missions, or goals of the organization.
24) Conduct research to identify the goals, net worth, history of charitable donations, or other data related to potential donors, potential investors, or general donor markets.
25) Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
26) Write reports or prepare presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
Please email Volunteer@cardo-sl.org for any interested member