Youth Job Placement Specialist
Creative is seeking a Youth Job Placement Specialist for an anticipated USAID Pakistan Youth Development project. The project will prepare youth for workforce participation (employment or entrepreneurship) by focusing education assistance on skills acquisition and civic engagement. It will support youth as they emerge from training programs to identify employment opportunities or pursue entrepreneurial ventures to improve livelihoods, reduce the prospect of economic marginalization, serve as role models for other youth and contribute to Pakistan’s economic growth.
The Youth Job Placement Specialist will take a lead role in improving access to high-quality job placement services for youth. The Specialist will work with workforce development institutions, digital platforms, and other provides to improve and expand their job placement support services and impact—either through in-house improvements and/or through partnerships—to include job intermediation functions such as job information, internships, job matching, career counseling, mentoring, entrepreneurship support and other important follow-on support.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements project approach to enhancing local capacity for empowering youth to enter the workforce (employment and entrepreneurship);
- Designs and facilitates stakeholder consultation with youth, the business community, the Ministry of Education, civic organizations, and others to inform project approach and activities;
- Supervises provision of technical assistance and training to achieve project objectives;
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Education, Business, Economics, Public Administration, Sociology or a closely related field. Master’s degree in a field related to workforce development strongly preferred;
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience with youth, labor market intermediation, workforce development, and/or entrepreneurship;
- Demonstrated experience building local capacity to place youth in the workforce (employment or entrepreneurship);
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in youth, local capacity building for workforce and entrepreneurship institutions, and/or related programming;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork; and
- Professionally proficient and fluent in written and spoken English and local languages.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...