Director of Medical & Community Services
FHI 360 seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Director of Medical & Community Services on an anticipated USAID-funded project to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state/LGA-specific goals and objectives.
The Director of Medical & Community Services will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the service delivery (clinical and community) components of the program. He/she will lead the implementation of the program design to ensure quality service delivery consistent with the national and international standards and guidelines. S/he will be the technical lead in program implementation. S/he will lead in the use of program data for program improvement and promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. S/he will support all the technical program staff and will manage any clinical and community related issues in the program.
Location: Kano, Nigeria
- Lead technical design, oversight, and monitoring of activities for HIV prevention, care and treatment activities.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of demand creation to maximize HIV testing and counselling and creating linkages.
- Responsible for leading community engagement (leaders, youth, households, and males) to expand knowledge on HIV testing.
- Responsible for strengthening community and facility -based health delivery structures to optimize ART eligibility and retention in care and treatment.
- Contribute detailed and accurate technical deliverables and reports to fulfill USAID reporting requirements.
- Supervise a team and contribute to implementation of annual program work and plans.
- A master’s degree in Epidemiology, Public Health or a related discipline.
- Eight years of experience designing and implementing Public Health programs especially HIV/AIDS, TB and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) in developing countries. In-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of HIV/AIDS program including Prevention, Treatment, Care & Support, PMTCT HIV/TB, OVCs as well as cross-cutting areas such as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS).
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language.
- Significant experience in relevant program management or technical advisory roles in complex health projects in Nigeria.
- Expertise in HIV care and treatment activities.
- Knowledge of community-level challenges impacting care and treatment delivery. Previous experience working with community based care givers and community support groups.
- Demonstrated knowledge about gender and development, and demonstrated experience and proficiency in managing programs that mainstream gender.
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement strategies that employ evidence-based approaches to meet project targets, especially under rigorous timelines.
- Experience working and collaborating with diverse sets of stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and international staff.
- Proven leadership, inter-personal and cross-cultural skills, and ability to build and motivate diverse teams.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Availability of position is contingent upon funding and approval of key personnel.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.