Program Manager - Bilingual (Spanish & English)
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Location: Toronto or Ottawa Office
Status: Full time, Permanent
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries?
Do you have experience in international development management? Have you managed a diverse portfolio of grants, including those of Global Affairs Canada? Are you a trusted team member with a collaborative working style? Have you been able to engage with internal and external stakeholders to deliver high quality grant implementation?
- Lead and support Plan International’s Country Offices especially in Latin America, but not limited to, through the full cycle of project management including project planning and start-up, implementation and routine monitoring, development of annual work plans and budgets, and project close out in line with donor requirements.
- Manage regular communications with Plan International Country Officers to foster strong relationships and ensure quality implementation of projects.
- Create quality and timely narrative and financial reports for donors by working in close collaboration with Country Offices, Technical Advisors, and Compliance Managers.
- Work collaboratively with Compliance Managers to review and oversee project budgets, forecasts, and donor financial reports inclusive of variance analysis.
- Collaborate with Technical Advisors to develop and roll-out high-quality training and activity plans, gender equality tools and systems, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans including periodic evaluations to ensure program quality.
- Participate in the development of funding proposals as required.
What does success look like?
- The portfolio of projects will demonstrate strong performance and results, program quality, and compliance to donor requirements.
- Positive and functional relationships are built and maintained within Plan International Canada, Plan International’s Country Offices, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
- Projects include strong strategies to advance gender equality and thematic priorities, M&E systems and evidence of results, and sustainability.
- Use of efficient project management systems and tools to facilitate ongoing grant management and compliance oversight.
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Ability to function fluently in Spanish and English is essential, and fluency in French is strongly preferred.
- An aptitude for working with cross-functional teams and delivering results in a matrix environment and amongst remote teams.
- A proven track record in delivery of complex international development programs, some of which should have been gained overseas.
- Direct experience managing projects funded by Global Affairs Canada.
- Ability to establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, meet deadlines and ensure high quality deliverables with strong attention to detail.
- A passion for mission-drive work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values.
- Master’s or post graduate degree in international development or equivalent professional experience.
- Ability to support preparation of funding proposals as per donor requirements.
Why a career with Plan International Canada?
Are you ready for an opportunity to join one of the largest not for profit organizations in the world? Are you excited about playing an important role in positively impacting the future of millions of children and families globally?
Plan International Canada is a member of a global organization dedicated to advancing children’s rights and equality for girls. We are calling on all Canadians to Defy Normal: to take a stand anywhere children are oppressed, exploited or left behind and girls aren’t equally valued. Together, we can create a world where all unleash their full potential.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are active in more than 70 countries.
Our unique culture fosters a supportive, flexible workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. Join our high performing, diverse team and change your career…positively impact the world! Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
How to apply: To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your CV and covering letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to email@example.com by February 17, 2019. Please reference Bilingual Program Manager –Spanish & English in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.