FRANCE – REGIONAL ACCESS & SECURITY ADVISOR MIDDLE EAST – PARIS CLICHY
Desired strat date: March 2019
Duration : CDD 10 months
Location : based in Paris HQ with regular trips / stays abroad (50%).
Having just been created, the position aims at further developing support capacities for this particular Desk.
Within the Middle East Desk team (based in Paris HQ) and in direct link with local geographical managers, the RASO supports the Desk Manager in the supervision, follow-up of and support to security, safety & access management activities in the field. This includes also regular visits to the different operational country offices (50% of the time deployed).
Additionally, and in link with the HQ Security Adviser, the RASO is also involved in transversal projects aiming at developing institutional security, safety & access capacities.
ABOUT THE JOB
CONTEXTS MONITORING & ANALYSIS
- Collects and develops contexts follow-up and analysis.
- Based on the above, provides recommendations to the Desk Manager and to each Country teams, on risks mitigation and on access management. Follows-up on recommendations.
- Promotes and works on the global coherence the context monitoring tools between country offices, so as to facilitate a follow-up / monitoring and prioritization.
SECURITY & ACCESS MANAGEMENT CAPACITIES & PROCEDURES
- Ensures security risks & access constraints are taken into consideration at all stages of each project management cycle.
- Ensures necessary resources and means are planned for and prioritized as per contexts monitoring, analysis and in link with internal guidelines.
- Contributes or where required proceed with the design, review, validation and regular updates of all security and access related procedures and tools for each country and field office, as per internal guidelines and templates.
- Conducts evaluations and audits of existing setups so as to work necessary improvements.
- Builds capacities and ensures dissemination of procedures and good practices through regular guidance, trainings and coaching to the focal points on a frequent basis, to other staff members on a regular basis.
- Participate in the “programation” and strategic exercises from a security and access point of view.
- Supports the Desk Manager, Country Security focal points and Bases security focal points on security incidents management, as well as on other specific sensitive topics or situations in link with security and access management.
- Compiles and organizes all Middle East related relevant information on security and access. Ensures that it is disseminated and/or kept available for the relevant persons, at HQ and Countries levels.
- Conducts or supports the HQ teams on pre-departure briefings, trainings, workshops.
- Under the supervision of the HQ Security Adviser, work on transversal tasks / projects (10 % to 20 % of the time)
POSITION WITHIN THE ORGANIZATION CHART:
- REPORTS TO: Middle East Desk Manager (direct supervisor), HQ Security Adviser (functional)
- MANAGEMENT OF: Country Security Managers / Focal Points (functional)
- Language: French (written / spoken mandatory), English (excellent level, written / spoken compulsory), Arabic (written / spoken desirable)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in the Middle East (on several of the countries covered by the position), preferably in an INGO capacity
- Minimum of 4 years experiences and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues, threat/risk assessment, security management and security awareness in an insecure environment.
- Experience in training and capacity building in Security and safety, using modern adult teaching methodology
- Understanding of access strategy and how to develop operational tools that will enhance organization access capacity.
- Knowledge in tools and methodology for humanitarian security management
- Capacities and experience in context analysis, planning and strategies
- Experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, compilation of security reports and assessments.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a stressful and challenging environment.
- Proven skills in concise and succinct report writing.
- Competency in Internet and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
SI WILL OFFER YOU…
- Poste basé à Clichy la Garenne (Métro Mairie de Clichy) avec déplacements sur le terrain
- Contrat CDI, Statut Cadre
- Rémunération brute mensuelle de : 2800 €
- 12 jours de RTT/an
- Mutuelle (80 %), tickets restaurant (60%), titres de transport (50%) pris en charge par l’association
- Jours de récupération et couverture médicale prise en charge à 100% lors des déplacements terrain
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English to Johan Lefevre Chevallier, Head of Middle East Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org
CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension