International Engineering Expert - World Vision Sudan
International Engineering Expert – World Vision Sudan
World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our almost 40,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As International Engineering Expert for World Vision Sudan, you will be responsible for providing technical oversight on all major infrastructural work and supervisory support for the implementation of Infrastructural Components of World Vision Sudan’s Livelihoods and Agricultural Infrastructure Development programme.
The technical oversight include supervision and guidance on activities relating to constructions of:
Micro-dams, hafirs and irrigation structures,
Processing centres for milk and honey, milk collection and marketing points,
Feeder roads and bridges, and
This role will work under the supervision of the Chief of Party and in collaboration with other staff of the project, staff of line ministries, local partners, community leaders and project beneficiaries. You will ensure and maintain high-quality implementation of the infrastructure and all engineering activities.
- Requires a Graduate degree from a recognized university in Civil engineering, Water Engineering or related fields.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in engineering work in an international development work environment, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa, witha major accomplishment in the construction of water infrastructures such dams, roads and bridges, irrigation structures and buildings.
- Certified Engineer, with experience in project management.
- Experience working in hostile or post-conflict environment.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English and Arabic; knowledge of German is advantageous.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 70% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 31 Jan 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.