Data management assistant
Chemonics seeks a short-term, minor-employment (geringfügige Beschäftigung) data management assistant to support the ongoing Injaz project that is working to provide safe, inclusive, and quality learning opportunities to children in Syria. The data management assistant will report directly to the Injaz monitoring and evaluation (M&E) manager and assist with the collection and storage of accurate M&E data from local partners that are providing remedial education. The assistant will also work on report writing in Arabic, translation in Arabic and English, and electronic file maintenance. Based in Berlin, Germany, the position will not require travel to Syria. This minor-employment (geringfügige Beschäftigung) is available immediately and is expected to last through early 2020. The employee may only work up to 45 hours/month and compensation is 10€/hour. We are looking for people who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Organize data collection based on guidance received from the M&E manager and in accordance with the project’s results management plan
- Contribute to data quality and integrity by conducting remote spot-checks to verify data and investigate data anomalies
- Compile relevant data on project indicators for contractual reports
- Translate weekly reports on conducted activities for review by the M&E manager
- Support the collection of quantitative data for quarterly reports and donor requests for information
- Work with field staff to ensure understanding of roles and responsibilities in data collection and M&E
- Develop and share databases and formats for reporting information
- Validate Kobo Toolbox data in preparation for report writing
- Participate in work planning sessions as needed
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the M&E manager to ensure effective implementation of project activities
- Experience collecting data remotely or at the community level
- Proficiency entering data into databases and Microsoft Office
- Experience with report writing and editing
- Ability to submit work on time under intense deadlines
- Ability to communicate with team members and diverse stakeholders
- Must be able to submit documentation confirming ability to legally work in Berlin
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in speaking and writing Arabic and proficiency in speaking and writing English required
Please send an electronic version of your CV and cover letter to RecruitmentInjaz@chemonics.com, with “Data Management Assistant” in the subject line, by January 25, 2019. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Priv...